Thread: 6.0 fuel delivery limits

Potential Tuner

6.0 fuel delivery limits

Hello,

I?ve switched over to writing tunes in HP for my 6 liter. It?s gone excellent for me so far. However, I?m having trouble getting it to command over somewhere between 75-78 mg of fuel.
    I?ve tried to find an absolute answer to this, but I haven?t been able to see anything except for a couple of hints on other posts. Is there some sort of limitation in the ecm that we can?t adjust that doesn?t allow us to go past this range of fuel delivery?
    I?ve scanned over the entire file a handful of times to try and figure out what might be limiting it, and I?m fairly certain I have nothing preventing me from going over this amount.
    I?ve tried to command 100mg with no success.
    Thanks

Tuner in Training
    post your file and i can take a look at it.,.

Potential Tuner
    Here it is.
    FYI, I have messed with the FICM a little bit to deliver full fuel at this limitted amount as a test. Should be the only thing that is scaled down to accommodate the issue I'm having.
    Its really commanding 110mg, or attempting to anyway.
    Let me know what you think. I'm new to this still.
    FYI, truck has 205/30s in it and a 467.7.

Chase Nelson Blue Max effort.hpt

2003 Ford excursion 6.0 PSD
    No limit intake
    Straight pipe
    Studded
    EGR delete
    KC billet single plane compressor wheel
    Self Tuned
    XDP Regulated return
    RDP Fuel sump
    AEM progressive water meth
    Custom suspension air bags
    8" lift
    35" tires

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the response. I see that you lowered the scale for boost on the row axis in the boost limiting tables, and gave it more fuel sooner. Do you think this was the limitting factor? Ill copy this to my file and try it, but I'm trying to understand why this would be. The truck makes 34 lbs of boost on the current flash whilst only demanding 71-78mg. I had it set to deliver 110 in the file at 200kpa, which is 29lbs or so of boost. Would you mind sharing your thought process? Is there a need to get ahead of boost with the fuel a bit in order to get it to actually deliver it, in terms of how the ecm sees it?
    Thanks, and FYI, your guide is excellent. It helped my a lot when writing the file for this truck.

Tuner in Training
    i would change the map transfer function. boost isnt going to read right once you tune it. truck should make around 35-40psi. especially with those injectors. pedal map and everything else can come up.

Potential Tuner
    The HP regulator does not support 97 power stroke. So what is the next best regulator for it? Thank