Thread: Purchasing MPVI3 - Used vs New?

Purchasing MPVI3 - Used vs New?

Hi all, this is my first post to this forum. I was looking into purchasing HP Tuners MPVI3 and was wondering if there are any issues with buying a used unit from somebody else instead of a new one? I.e. I shouldn?t have to worry about the HP Tuners device being locked or password protected or anything?

There?s an MPVI3 for sale near me that states; ? MPVI3 w/GDP Support Pack (17-20 Chevy Colorado/GMC Canyon 2.8L Diesel) - MPVI3 w/tuning & 4 VIN licenses?.

It?s still sealed in the box with the plastic wrap and is much cheaper than purchasing a new unit, my only question about this would be is it going to be locked to only those trucks? Or could I purchase additional credits and use it for other vehicles such as my C5 Corvette? The price is good enough that I?m fine with buying it and never using the preloaded tunes, as long as I can still use the MPVI3 unit for other vehicles and it isn?t locked.

I?ve already contacted the seller but they were unsure themselves and didn?t want to provide the wrong info, and I also reached out to the shop they bought it from but they were no help.

Thank you for your time, please let me know if there?s anything else I should consider. I appreciate the help!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    If its too good to be true it probably is comes to mind
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Hi Bill, appreciate the reply. But was hoping for an answer on whether or not the the MPVI3 devices can be locked to only work on specific vehicles?

Will buying this one (as described above) only work on the specific trucks and not other vehicles?

From looking at the HP Tuners website it states one device can be used for several vehicles so long as you purchase the required credits. I would just like someone to confirm this - calling tuning shops near me no one seems to know.

Thank you.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    they are not locked to any one vehicle however, fraud is real.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"