Thread: 2016 Wrangler 5.7hemi swap on 40s

Tuner in Training

2016 Wrangler 5.7hemi swap on 40s

Hey everyone, new to the dodge tuning side. I was a level 3 master dodge tech, but now install lift kits and engine swaps. Anywayz, trying to help someone out with his 2016 Wrangler with a 5.7hemi swap. His Jeep is lifted on customer chassis, 1ton axles, 5.38gears, and 40's tires. Has stock 5.7hemi from 2017 model year truck, but has car intake on it, with the stock A580 and atlas TC. From him, He bought it with a supercharged 6.4hemi. Took it to a local tuner here and wasn't tuned correctly. Engine failed from too much timing, so I am told. He then had a different friend install a stock 5.7hemi in it with an America's Most Wanted can tune. Looking over tune, looks like a basic tune, not much changed, and definitely not optimized for this vehicle. Thought this odd since I've installed lift kits on AMW's Demon swapped gladiators and though tune was pretty good. I have only really smoothed out timing, turned off rear O2's, and turned off all cat codes (vehicle does not have cats and O2 sensors are spaced too close together.) Engine is running much better and, per the guy I am helping, feels stronger to him. Issues now, cannot get full throttle. When pedal is floored, only getting 84% throttle. Tried to do a pedal relearn and still same result. Throttle blade does not look to have a mechanical issue that would prevent it from opening 100%. I am assuming a tuning/TM issue. WOT shifting sucks, will rev out to 6k, try to shift, hit rev limiter, then shift. Also, main issue we are having, Trans shifting, hangs in lower gears sometimes or will upshift other time on same section of road with same throttle input. This guy doesn't really go WOT, jeep mainly is a cruiser and rock crawler, but wants shift points to be 6k at WOT. Really wants better shifting around town. Really need help with these few things if anyone can help. I am mainly tuning gm stuff, so this is a little different. Here are the last tune and log file I have of it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    Hello,

It is possible to re-work throttle sensitiveness based on voltage input as well as more aggressive shift schedule under lower throttle.
    On shifting point and shift comfort at WOT, I would suggest having a combination of "shift schedule -> performance" paired with "shift pressure -> ALL phases" to hit the desired rpm but with a reasonable comfort.

Torque converter opening and closing also plays a big role. Keep an eye on it.

Thanks.
    DodgeBoy.
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@dodgeboy2785
    Email: [email protected]

Tuner in Training
    Ok, thanks for the input. I will take a look and try to figure it out. Its different from GM stuff since they use engine speed and mph to adjust shift points. Mopar uses the trans output speed as the shift point. Lots of math ha.

Advanced Tuner
    it is getting full throttle

86%

that is all you are gonna get