Thread: Autometer cobalt wideband rs232 serial connection

Potential Tuner

Autometer cobalt wideband rs232 serial connection

I am trying to get my wideband data from my Autometer Colbalt series model 6197 that?s the 0-5v version with the 4.9lsu Bosch sensor to work on my RS232 port in VCM scanner version 4.10.7 with a MPVI2

I have a dedicated RS232 port on a HP EliteBook 8570P running windows 7-32bit

The comport is receiving data verified with CheeseLogger (so I know that Pins 2&5 are correct) as well as the setting for the port as it?s showing the AFR

I just added a channel for a Serial Port - AEM - AEM AFR - the channel shows up until I connect to the vehicle (tried a couple of other bands also, no luck)

Is there something specific I need to do for this particular wideband or do I need to buy Pro features?

Thanks in advance

Potential Tuner
    Tried a windows 10 64bit laptop with an older version of HPT (the one that came with my MPVI2)

Used a usb 2.0 to serial cable with a FTDI chipset

Both laptops and that cable showed AFR data in cheeselogger

But HPT and the AEM AFR channel just vanishes

I?ve turned the bluetooth off on EliteBook, tried having the truck running, serial cable in first, re syncing, deleting the data in vehicle folder, added and removed the channel and no luck

Is wideband serial data still supported in HPT or do I need to buy the pro suite?