Thread: Two questions from a newbie :)

Potential Tuner

Two questions from a newbie :)

Hello all.

I have two questions that im hoping someone might be able to help with. They are two separate things.

1) I purchased a second hand MPIV2 from a user through facebook marketplace. All good, and the seller was great to deal with. They were uncertain as to whether or not there were any spare licences left on the device. The seller gave me their HP Tuners login details, which i used to "transfer" ownership to myself.
    When i first logged in to their account (about two weeks ago), I could see the device there........all good. At the time, it said there were 2 available licence credits.
    I updated all the details to my details (Email, password, name etc) - Everything seemed perfectly fine.
    However today i logged in again, and the device that was listed under "My Devices" seems to have dropped off. Using the serial of the device i was able to "reimport" it, however the two available credits seem to have disappeared. Has anyone seen this happen before?.

2) Noting from the above, i have not yet purchased any credits.....im still "Tinkering". The vehicle I had planned on attempting to tune is my 2010 Seadoo RXT 260. It has the Bosch ME 17.8.5 ECU. However, when i attempt to read the ECU, i get an error message saying "Detect Protocol Failed". I had another read of the HP Tuners website, and its a little cloudy to me if the vehicle is supported or not.
    Can anyone provide any guidance on this please? I attempted to "Resync" the HPTuners device, with no luck"

I have posted a specific question regarding the second question in the BRP forum. I hope this is ok.

Thanks very much!

Dave
    Last edited by davus; 03-11-2024 at 03:35 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    devices don't just "drop off", additionally any credits that were on a device don't disappear either. I would recommend resyncing your device. This will show you the most up to date account information on your device. If you still have an issue please open a support ticket and we'll be happy to look into the issue further.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Hi Bill. Thanks very much. Domenic from HO Tuners has worked through the licensing question, so that?s all sorted.

Now we are working through the second question.

Thanks. Dave