Thread: migrating from efilive

Tuner in Training

migrating from efilive

if i switch to hpt from efilive i will be able to read the current efilive cos3 tune, right?

but will i be able to access my other tunes that i saved?

(my efilive v2 stopped working and its on ls1 and ls7 engines.)

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    You cannot open efilive format files with our software. We do support many of their custom operating systems but we do suggest finding someone local that already owns hptuners to read your ecm first to make sure there are no issues when reading your vehicles ecm BEFORE purchasing in this case.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dian View Post
    if i switch to hpt from efilive i will be able to read the current efilive cos3 tune, right?

but will i be able to access my other tunes that i saved?

(my efilive v2 stopped working and its on ls1 and ls7 engines.)
    You can read the tune off the PCM. Thats is all.
    You can email me the EFI tunes and i can flash them to a PCM and read them off with HP and email them back.

Tuner in Training
    thank you bill. would you be able to point me to a gm tuner in switzerland using hpt? (such tuning is very uncommon here so i dont know where to go.)

thank you rdf1. i would prefer to be able to do this myself, i have been messing with the c5 for nearly 10 years and i have over 100 tunes that i sometimes go back to to start something new. how hard is it to get a pcm and set it up to do what you say?

also, is there anything i will not be able to do with hpt that i was doing with efilive, be it tuning or logging wise?