Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help with AFR and INJ pulsewidth problem

Senior Tuner
    What about the sending unit? Did you replace it with the pump?

Tuner in Training
    It was a complete new drop in. New bucket and sending unit with Racetronix pump Hotwire plug already installed. Perhaps I can check out that ground situation. It?s not going to be an amperage issue, the power master alt I have puts out 189 amps on the high end and 155 or 160 at cruise

Tuner in Training
    So got a chance to tinker with the car. I didn?t start the car but I jumped the pump relay out. With pump running and DMM set to MV DC. I got a reading of 4.4Mv between wire from battery and the tab on my fuel pump ground wire. I did notice my wires in engine bay for the Hotwire kit were slightly warm, checking battery voltage was only reading 12.05 volts so I attributed this to the voltage sag from car not running.

Senior Tuner
    Sounds like you're good on wiring. Going back to your original issue:
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post763660

Tuner in Training
    As far as I know, my inj data is good. Pretty dumb simple though since it?s boost referenced. But I went through a bunch of ?posted? sets when I wasnt boost referenced. Nothing worked great. I ended up cutting some low pulse stuff in half to get my min PW to come down during decel to stop maxing out negative trims and then making car lean stumble when transitioning back to idle. All is good now.

However while you?re here, I have a question regarding the fuel flow, I have an 8AN feed. Pretty much getting all the stuff to help make my fuel feed more efficient and doing a true flow through setup, it may have been you that mentioned it, but I?m sure just using the FPR as a dump valve is pretty unoptimized and making unwanted heat. Is there a reason besides cost that most people do an 8 feed to a 6&6 Y block? I?ve simply ordered 8AN everything for my rails and am wondering if that was a mishap and there is a reason people downsize from the Y block and feed the rails with a size under?

I?ve currently got the car torn apart waiting on my rails to get here and plan on a Y around the middle of my manifold and running to the front of the rails with 180 fittings into 8ORB and bringing the return lines out from the rear. So is there any reason people under size these at the Y besides smaller line being easier to run and fittings being a lot cheaper? I do have a roll of 5/8 DEI heat sleeve I will run all of the lines through. If I fucked up, I?ll just send all this stuff back and get 6AN stuff

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Mstansbury0704 View Post
    As far as I know, my inj data is good. Pretty dumb simple though since it?s boost referenced. But I went through a bunch of ?posted? sets when I wasnt boost referenced. Nothing worked great. I ended up cutting some low pulse stuff in half to get my min PW to come down during decel to stop maxing out negative trims and then making car lean stumble when transitioning back to idle. All is good now.

However while you?re here, I have a question regarding the fuel flow, I have an 8AN feed. Pretty much getting all the stuff to help make my fuel feed more efficient and doing a true flow through setup, it may have been you that mentioned it, but I?m sure just using the FPR as a dump valve is pretty unoptimized and making unwanted heat. Is there a reason besides cost that most people do an 8 feed to a 6&6 Y block? I?ve simply ordered 8AN everything for my rails and am wondering if that was a mishap and there is a reason people downsize from the Y block and feed the rails with a size under?

I?ve currently got the car torn apart waiting on my rails to get here and plan on a Y around the middle of my manifold and running to the front of the rails with 180 fittings into 8ORB and bringing the return lines out from the rear. So is there any reason people under size these at the Y besides smaller line being easier to run and fittings being a lot cheaper? I do have a roll of 5/8 DEI heat sleeve I will run all of the lines through. If I fucked up, I?ll just send all this stuff back and get 6AN stuff
    That Deka 60 data is the best out there. Might be worth reworking VE with that data.

Quote Originally Posted by edcmat-l1 View Post
    Y to the back of the rails. Front of the rails to the reg. Reg to the tank.
    Make sure the reg is downstream of the rails. Don't have the reg before the rails with a bypass back to the tank.

As far as 8 split into 6, that's for consistent cross-sectional area. 8AN is 11.11mm ID. 6AN is 8.63mm ID. Cross-sectional area that becomes 96.94mm2 and 58.49mm2, respectively. So 96.94mm2 split into a total of 116.99mm2. About as close as it gets with the standardized sizes.

With fuel lines it's like injectors. You want the minimum size that'll support your fuel needs. For injectors that means less non-linear flow. For fuel lines that means less time to pressurize, which means more reactivity to pressure fluctuations. Changes in pressure, which you'll have with a 1:1 reg, will be more consistent across the fuel system. Fuel lines that are too large will negatively affect transient fueling.
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 03-19-2024 at 12:28 AM.

Tuner in Training
    So I should actually go with 6 AN from the Y? Fk. lol. I figured id just run 8s since my fuel rails are 3/4 and have 8 ORB ports. I?ll have to checkout some of that deka 60 data if you say it?s pretty good.