Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2020 Mustang GT Predator Blower swap need help tuning

Advanced Tuner
    When did I refer to MAP?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    When did I refer to MAP?
    You didn?t my apologies I misunderstood. Also I tried the method you mentioned and didn?t get any change. It starts and kills almost instantly still. Any other suggestions?

Advanced Tuner
    Did you do what I said in post 15 and log mapped point weights?

Tuner in Training
    Yes. but it still died. It was logging at 14 and then 15 as you mentioned though. I ended up changing the injector data. turns out you were right I input the wrong injector data because i was only able to view one of the 3 tabs available.I had to use a different software to view the data tabs at the bottom. it idles muuuuuch better now i can begin making the necessary corrections to the tune file so that the car can actually run properly. Thanks for you help so far.

Tuner in Training
    ok soooo. I took the car out for a drive finally. and at around 50mph the car throws the wrench and goes into limp mode. I turned the car off pulled the battery off the terminal for a while to reset the ecm and tried it 2 more times and each time at 50mph it does it. ill post the log of the occurrence. perhaps someone can shed some light on this situation. thank you.MonitorLog.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    What was the code? Nearly impossible to tell anything with that log considering you're logging like 12 channels.

Tuner in Training
    my apologies the was the default log screen i didnt make any changes or alterations to it. i can redo the log is there something in particular youd like me to log so you can see it better? and i didnt get a chance to see what codes were throw. but something else did come up. exhaust mode selection not available idk if that means anything to you.

Tuner in Training
    I went back and got the codes that the car is throwing they are:

0x78: P06E9 - Engine Starter Performance (Pending, Current)
    0x78: P2008 - Intake Manifold Runner Control Circuit/Open (Bank 1) (SES. Pending. Cutent, Permanent)
    Cx 7E8: P2119 - Throttle Actuator A Control Throttle Body Range/Performance (Pending)

I did the imrc delete strategy and disabled them and set the desired position to open should I remove the DTC mil lights from the diagnostic tab as well or is that unnecessary?

Also the car ran fine in drag mode for a while but when I put it back into normal mode and tried to do a pull it threw the wrench again. All other modes are inaccessible just normal and drag and idk if it?s a tune issue or mechanically related.

A self-identified "novice tuner" might want to think twice about starting with a TI-VCT torque model calibration as their starting point. Even more complicated is adding in forced induction to that mix. Even more complicated than that is a pieced together OEM swap kit for that same vehicle.

Blindly copying/pasting data from other online files will never result in a properly running vehicle and will most likely lead to a failed engine or worse.

The reason you can't find much online help is because the time investment required to learn these vehicles is substantial and nobody is going to give that up free of charge.

Lets assume for the sake of discussion that the engine is 100% mechanically sound - (which it likely isnt) you're still going to have a hard time properly tuning and getting the vehicle to run correctly.
    Now when you add in the vacuum leak, worn out sensors, or other issues that are inevitably present, you have a tall order to fill.

best think you can do is have a professional who tunes these cars on a daily basis provide the calibration for you so you can enjoy the vehicle.

If you insist on tuning it yourself, then I would strongly recommend starting with a much more basic combination before you attempt to learn the Gen 3 Coyote control logic. It is not the same a Gen 2 and definitely not the same as Gen 1 and those are already complicated enough.
    2020 Mustang GT Daily driver
    |Hellion Sleeper|10R80|Full weight, full exhaust, BABY seat in the back|
    8.3@167mph

2014 Mustang GT
    |Hellion TT|Powerglide|Ignite114|
    6.87@200mph

Jordan Performance and Racing