Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Mustang GT Predator Blower swap need help tuning

Tuner in Training

2020 Mustang GT Predator Blower swap need help tuning

Hi, im novice to this whole tuning thing but wanted to give it a go. However i quickly learned there aren't many references to consult in an attempt to build this skill. I was hoping someone could offer me some guidance in that regard. With that being said does anyone have any supercharged gen3 coyote tune files I could maybe take a look at so I can compare them to my stock tune file? Right now im working on trying to get this 2020 gt500 predator supercharger to run on my 2020 Mustang Gt. Also any advice/feedback would be greatly appreciated. So far i've only attempted to update injector data. The car turns over and quickly kills. Everything on the car is mostly stock. Really need some help. Thanks

Here's whats on the car.

2020 Mustang GT500 Predator Supercharger
    2020 Mustang GT500 Fuel Rails
    Deatschwerks 95lb(1000cc) Injectors
    VMP Fuel Pump Voltage Booster
    Stock Fuel System
    Stock Throttle Body coupled with Airaid CAI

hit me up should you need a professional tuning service

Advanced Tuner
    Just look at a roush or Whipple tune. Should help you

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Pistol_91 View Post
    Just look at a roush or Whipple tune. Should help you
    I've been looking for one but cant seem to find one would you happen to have one i could use?

Advanced Tuner
    What maf? What tb? How did you get di injector clearance?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by engineermike View Post
    What maf? What tb? How did you get di injector clearance?
    Everything is stock for the most part
    i used a throttle body adapter plate from vmp and used my stock throttle body with and Airaid Cold Air Intake
    to clear the DI i used vmp intake manifold spacers but jccustoms.com offer a cheaper alternative they take about 2 weeks for him to finish them though. get 2in ones because i bought the 1.5in ones thinking they would provide the clearance needed and they just didnt seal.

Advanced Tuner
    Stock diameter maf or does the cai replace it?

Tuner in Training
    Stock diameter maf or does the cai replace it?
    Yes. one side of the adapter plate mates to the stock gt throttle body and the other side mates to the inlet of the supercharger. there are 8 screws on the adapter plate four that screw into the throttle body and 4 that screw into the supercharger

Advanced Tuner
    Not the TB, the MAF.

Tuner in Training
    Not the TB, the MAF.
    Yes stock MAF

Advanced Tuner
    If we know the TB, MAF, and injector data are all correct, the job gets easier. I know many folks get tricked up by the injector data due to the scaling and assumed default pressure, so I'd verify that first.

Beyond that, this most likely turns into speed density and torque model tuning issue. The first thing that pops into my head is was the IMRC delete done correctly. If you log mapped point, you should be using only the IMRC-open mapped points like MP14 and up. It should start at MP14 and idle at MP15, generally. Once you've confirmed that, it moves on to getting the SD and torque models accurate. You can borrow these from Whipple or Roush cals but the tricky part is making sure the data is going from and to the same cam timing. In other words, Roush might use MP0 for 0,0 cam timing, while you are using MP14. So you'd copy the torque, SD, and probably BLK and MBT data from Roush MP0 to your MP14. Whipple was using MP14 for 0,0 but I would confirm in whatever donor tune you get your hands on.

Tuner in Training
    If we know the TB, MAF, and injector data are all correct, the job gets easier. I know many folks get tricked up by the injector data due to the scaling and assumed default pressure, so I'd verify that first.

Beyond that, this most likely turns into speed density and torque model tuning issue. The first thing that pops into my head is was the IMRC delete done correctly. If you log mapped point, you should be using only the IMRC-open mapped points like MP14 and up. It should start at MP14 and idle at MP15, generally. Once you've confirmed that, it moves on to getting the SD and torque models accurate. You can borrow these from Whipple or Roush cals but the tricky part is making sure the data is going from and to the same cam timing. In other words, Roush might use MP0 for 0,0 cam timing, while you are using MP14. So you'd copy the torque, SD, and probably BLK and MBT data from Roush MP0 to your MP14. Whipple was using MP14 for 0,0 but I would confirm in whatever donor tune you get your hands on.
    I came across a Whipple tune file done on a 2022 Mustang Gt I ended up using the IMRC delete approach taken from that data. I also input the injector data that came with the Deatschwerks 95lb injectors. After implementing these change now all the car does is start, idle at roughly 2000rpm for about 5 seconds, idles down and kills. were as before with the stock injector data the car starts, idles similarly to the aforementioned around 2000rpm, and then ramps up in rpm to about 3000 and fluxuated between 2500rpm-3000rpm but doesnt kill. This is as far as i gotten. As for manipulating mapped points and torque tables im not all too seasoned with it. Perhaps you can shine a bit more light on the topic. Thanks for the help.

Tuner in Training
    This is the tune file i used to edit the IMRCs and my injector data closely resembles this files as well seeing as we are both using about the same size injectors
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacoby Colbert View Post
    This is the tune file i used to edit the IMRCs and my injector data closely resembles this files as well seeing as we are both using about the same size injectors
    2020 Mustang GT stock tune file - Copy (edit this one) imrc removed (air) (fuel) (spark) data wi.hpt

This is the alterations ive made on the tune file

Advanced Tuner
    Sounds like your port injector data is a mess.

Try forcing 100% gdi and see if it runs. Log mapped point weight and confirm it’s using mp14-15 during start and idle.

Tuner in Training
    But that injector data is from Deatschwerks verbatim? perhaps I input it wrong?. I mean it seems right. GDI? And I don?t think the car runs long enough to log any data yah know.

Advanced Tuner
    The logger can start logging even before it cranks.

Tuner in Training
    Ill give it a try. Force 100% GDI? pardon the ignorance not familiar with the jargon.

Advanced Tuner
    Gas direct injection. Youd switch di blend to manual and set it to 90% as a test.

Tuner in Training
    ohk thanks for the help ill give it a try and see what happens oh and about the MAP if you were referring to the actual sensor i dont have the stock sensor im using the IAT2 sensor which is tapped into the rear of lid of the supercharger.