Thread: Reversing a 2 bar OS in a P01 PCM (2000 Camaro)

Reversing a 2 bar OS in a P01 PCM (2000 Camaro)

Hello,

Many years ago I did a 2bar OS change to a P01 (came from a 2000 Camaro for the swap) and tuned the vehicle with its supercharged 4.8 liter. Fast forward to now, I have the PCM in my hands now and want to retune it to run MAF only on a NA setup for another swap he is doing. Problem is, it was so long ago that I do not have the unmolested original tune from this PCM. Just what's in here that I can pull with my benchtop programmer I built. Is there any way to convert it back to the original OS? It seems like segment swap wont work because of the 2bar OS obvious mismatch. Please any info!!

For reference:
    Original OS: 9381344
    2bar OS now: 1253005

Thanks!

I found a 2000 Camaro Manual tune in repository that has ALL of the same operating systems that it originally had. I am going to try a write entire of this file onto the PCM. Hopefully this does the trick.

If anyone recommends something different, please chime in. Thanks

Okay, well I could just delete this, but maybe this will help someone in the future when they search?

I wrote the 2000 Camaro Manual file I downloaded into the PCM using write entire, then read it and everything looks back to stock. Then, because I was going from a manual trans to a 4l60, I downloaded a 2000 Camaro auto trans tune and segment swapped both the transmission and transmission diagnostics OS's and everything looks perfect. Hopefully no issues moving forward.

For future reference and anybody else who finds this later, yes, the segment swapper does work between a custom OS file and a stock OS file, as long as both had the same original OS ID. But, that wouldn't have done what you needed here. The part you needed changed to undo the custom OS is the container all the segments are in, not any of the segments themselves.