Thread: File Help

Potential Tuner

File Help

Good afternoon everyone. Needing some help with a file. I am able to read the file, save and do everything as normal but for some reason this one doesn't seem to be detecting any data for my engine controls, When I click the engine, engine diag or fuel system tabs the screen is just blank. It displays trans data but not engine data. I have reinstalled the software to see if that was possible and still the same. I can view everything in other files just not the one I am reading for this particular car. Can someone shed some light on it? Attached is the file, maybe see if it displays the info for someone else? All help is appreciated and thanks abunch.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I think it was already mentioned that the ECM wasn't read when the file was created, the Engine sections aren't going to appear for anyone anywhere anytime because they are not in the file.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    I think it was already mentioned that the ECM wasn't read when the file was created, the Engine sections aren't going to appear for anyone anywhere anytime because they are not in the file.
    @Blindsquirrel I did not see anywhere that it had already been mentioned. I was aware that only the TCM had been read hence is why I posted the question. I was trying to figure out if it was a software update issue, or operator error. As well as simply following your advice and posting my question in the appropriate place. Contrary to your feedback though it was not instantly grabbing both the ecm and tcm. I had to back up and promt it to do so. Either way I got it figured out. Thank you for the feedback.

I posted a screenshot of the prompts it should give you when doing a read, in the other thread that you've now abandoned. I told you in that thread that the TCM was read, and the ECM was not, and your .hpt file was only the TCM. You replied and even quoted the post where that was said!

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    I posted a screenshot of the prompts it should give you when doing a read, in the other thread that you've now abandoned. I told you in that thread that the TCM was read, and the ECM was not, and your .hpt file was only the TCM. You replied and even quoted the post where that was said!
    You are correct and I posted in another area because you said the off topic lounge wasn't the correct place. Again you have my apologies for that. I am new to this and that was my mistake. Aside from that. I stated in my last post that I had figured it out, which meant I didn't need more follow up but you continue to post. So I cant help but feel as if your being rather rude. Feel free to move along with all of your graciousness and knowledge. I think I have been respectful here and don't need to deal with personalities like yours.

Senior Tuner
    If you think that is rude, you haven't seen anything yet. This is not a forum for thin skinned people.