Thread: Coyote 1st start - shows speed instead of rpm

Potential Tuner

Coyote 1st start - shows speed instead of rpm

Gen 1 coyote. Loaded the base copperhead calibration. Cranks but no fire. What is confusing me is that when running VCM Scanner, I see the speed increment while cranking and not the rpm. How is that possible? Unless the harness is pinned wrong.

Shane
    Shane Hill

Advanced Tuner
    Did you load a control pack tune or something else? Post the tune you loaded.

Potential Tuner
    Yes, control pack tune that came from the tune repository a while back. Traced the cam and crank sensor wires back from the engine plug and both seem to go to their respective plugs and are not crossed with the wires to the speed sensor which is in the transmission harness and it's seperate plug. I'll grab the tune this afternoon and post it.
    Shane Hill

Potential Tuner
    So it appears this is a red herring. I'm getting the speed from the Bowler All In One harness on the transmission. Now, how is that possible? No idea as the clutch is pushed in and it's in neutral. So the output shaft isn't turning. Got a call into them. At least that confirms I need to be looking elsewhere. So now to diagnose no start.
    Shane Hill