Thread: Ht2 file conversion

Tuner in Training

Ht2 file conversion

I have an old edge ht2 and a 2004.5 Cummins that is write only. I've always been curious of the tuning style which they use. Is there a way to extract the tune file off of the ht2 and convert it to hptuners format? For some reason the 04.5 Cummins won't allow to datalog other tuners tunes while on the truck either. I've seen other tunes online where quite a few edge tunes will run 250us whereas hptuners uses 2500us at 25? timing. I'm just trying to make sense of it.

HP Tuners doesn?t provide tuning so not sure where you getting that information from also duration is dependent of fuel pressure, desired fuel quantity, rpm, air flow, all sorts of things go into duration. 250us of main injection is like idle fueling

Tuner in Training
    250us at 25? at 3200rpms is what I keep seeing on the Internet.. Most here say that it's 100us for every degree of timing. Edge does 10us per degree. Will that hurt the injectors or is it an error from where people are ripping off tunes using hptuners and the software isn't converting the read right?

lets examine somethings in stock form...

here is the stock fuel pressure table with the area highlighted where you would be at at full load at 3000-3200 rpms assuming no limiters kick in
    2005 fuel pressure.png

here is a stock injector pulsewidth table with the area highlighted on where you would be running at at full load at 3000-3200 rpms assuming no limiters kick in
    2005 pulsewidth.png

but you are saying the internet says and Edge uses 250 microseconds of pulse at 3200rpms. where do you see 250 microseconds of pulsewidth? almost at fuel cutoff.