Thread: MPVI PRO - " Detect Protocol Failed "

MPVI PRO - " Detect Protocol Failed "

i got a mpvi pro used in original box. came with a white usb flash drive. i installed the drivers via that usb. i am currently using 4.0.12 vcm suite and the mpvi pro has a hardware and firmware of 0121. when attempting to read my 2000 suburban pcm it says " detect protocol failed " is there something i am missing or is the hardware and firmware on my device not compatible with the version of vcm suite i have ? is there a chart or any information about which firmware is compatible with which version of vcm suite ? any help would be appreciated. thank for reading.
    07 classic

Quote Originally Posted by djv86 View Post
    i got a mpvi pro used in original box. came with a white usb flash drive. i installed the drivers via that usb. i am currently using 4.0.12 vcm suite and the mpvi pro has a hardware and firmware of 0121. when attempting to read my 2000 suburban pcm it says " detect protocol failed " is there something i am missing or is the hardware and firmware on my device not compatible with the version of vcm suite i have ? is there a chart or any information about which firmware is compatible with which version of vcm suite ? any help would be appreciated. thank for reading.
    i do also own other mpvi devices. if i used my pc with a 2 on a vehicle then try and use a mpvi pro on the same pc do i need to use the resync button each time between switching devices ?
    07 classic

I fixed it. thank you for reading.
    07 classic

Having the same problem. How dod you fix it?