Thread: Wideband Bung location

Tuner in Training

Wideband Bung location

Ok guys I'm back. I want to know where I need to put the bung on a 2 into 1 exhaust. I have ARH long tubes and im aware of the clocking positions of the sensor. But how far back from the y pipe connection does it need to be?

You only want it to read one bank of cylinders, pick whatever side is best to get at.

I always do the drivers side on GM trucks, like 5-10in behind the front o2 sensor usually.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    I sometimes tune on the passenger side on the trucks. I try to leave them slightly rich when doing so. Ive had a xpipe setup come in with the bung in the x reading both banks. I would shoot for the driver side closer to the front o2 if possible.

Tuner in Training
    Oh wow.... glad I asked! Thanks guys I appreciate the info very much

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    You only want it to read one bank of cylinders, pick whatever side is best to get at.

I always do the drivers side on GM trucks, like 5-10in behind the front o2 sensor usually.
    Ok that's close to the 2nd bung location. Would that be aceptable? I am catless.

If the 2nd bung spot is just there with no sensor in it, yeah just stick the wideband there.

I've done that many times when headers come with extra bung spots.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertT View Post
    Ok guys I'm back. I want to know where I need to put the bung on a 2 into 1 exhaust. I have ARH long tubes and im aware of the clocking positions of the sensor. But how far back from the y pipe connection does it need to be?
    closer to the engine is more important than reading both sides. You can't tune sides apart from each other anyway. If any of you have been on a engine dyno with 8 sensors you would be appalled at the difference cylinder to cylinder even on stock stuff. I'm talking 1-2 AFR points between richest and leanest cylinder and they don't back up. The next pull might be completely opposite.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs