A friend of mine has bought a 2000 Pontiac Trans Am with a 6.0 LQ series engine in it with a cam that runs really rich. I'm pretty sure it has a 411 pcm out of a 2002 Trans Am. He told me that the guy who had it before him has done a custom tune on it and it runs alright but you can just smell the gas really bad. I was going to take a look at the tune and possible try to lean it out some today but when I went in to license the file it was giving me some issues. There were two VINs popping up in different places inside the editor that didn't match the actual VIN on the car. When I did the VCM Suite Info, at the end it had all the information for the Trans Am along with the VIN. Then when I went into the Change VIN Wizard it had a completely different VIN and it didn't match the car either.

I'll admit I've never changed a VIN before and have never had the need so maybe I'm getting something wrong or misconstruing something.

Also, after I got the credits for his car and thought I was licensing it to that ECU it wouldn't let me write to it. It kept coming up as a "unlicensed vehicle" for some reason. I did a search on the forum and saw that you should delete the license.dat file from the documents/hptuners/settings folder and did that then resynced. I also went to the Edit>Calibration Details. It still came up after doing that so I'm wondering if it was due to the multiple VINs?

It's been a while since I've done any major tuning so I'll also admit that it's been a minute since I've been in the software for anything other than simple tweaks on my own 4th gen Camaros.

Also, doesn't HP Tuners license the credits to the ECU serial number and not the VIN? I'm just trying to figure out why I can't get into the ECU. I downloaded the tune he has and did some minor tweaks to it and was going to upload it back in but it just kept giving me the "unlicensed vehicle" error.

Thanks in advance,

Jason