Thread: 91 camaro swap, help/advice

Potential Tuner

91 camaro swap, help/advice

91 camaro, 5.3 lm7, 706heads, 160 thermostat 218/224 553 110lsa btr3v2 camshaft, longtubes, halfass exhaust(has leaks). 4l60e 2800stall. walbro 255 fp. trickflow 40-70 fpr set at 58psi. -6 supply,feed and return. car is dbw,took most of everything from a 2003 silverado, used the return style inj delphi 25317628. with returnless rails. do i need bigger injectors? car runs decent.lt and stft go way up idiling. still need to mess with fuel trims ect. also wired the single fan to fan2 on ecm but uses fan 1 settings. and i cant get my stock gauges (mph,rpm) to read prob just this pos cluster. car safe enough to drive to get exhaust, alighnment,? really want to keep trying to figure it out but dont wanna mess with it to much untill i put my wideband on it. but might end up taking it to someone. any pointers or advice? thanks GOBBLESS .
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by ckovac; 02-17-2024 at 01:38 AM.

Senior Tuner
    For a vacuum referenced reg copy the 0kPa column values across to the rest of the columns of IFR and Offset.

You'll need bigger injectors.

Put in a 187F stat.

Potential Tuner
    i have my vacuum refernce on my regulator capped. it was originally setup like 25.2 across the column in original tune. but i set ifr and offset like a returnless truck. i thought they could flow the same. but ig they cant. thanks! im from sc its gunna need all the cooling it can get might haft to put 4th gen fans in it come summer time.
    Last edited by ckovac; 02-17-2024 at 02:49 AM.

Senior Tuner
    Wait. I just re-read. You're running returnless rails? The return line you spoke about is coming from the reg without returning from the rails themselves. So it's setup just like a Corvette filter/reg. You have the data correct then.

Potential Tuner
    yessir. thats how i have it setup. but i keep getting mixed answers that the injectors can or cannot flow the same as a 05 returnless truck inj. but more than likely i will just throw some flexfuel inj in it.

Senior Tuner
    Returnless will flow more. This is because a vacuum-referenced regulator maintains 58psi pressure differential across the injector by varying pressure in relation to manifold vacuum. As vacuum increases, pressure behind the injector decreases the same amount. A non-referenced regulator doesn't do this - constant 58psi pushing behind the injector with variable vacuum pulling in front added together.

All you have to do is look at the IFR table and remember what I said about copying the 0kPa column across. The table columns are in vacuum kPa. 80kPa vacuum (20kPa MAP) is 69.6psi total (differential) pressure.

But the thing is where flow really counts, WOT, is the 0kPa vacuum column. So, it really doesn't make a difference as far as maximum flow capacity. It's 58psi pressure differential with both types of regulators. That may be some of the confusion
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 02-17-2024 at 04:26 AM.

Nobody ever said "my WOT is fine, but I need bigger injectors because it's out of fuel at idle and in decel."

I take that back, somebody has probably said that exact thing.

Senior Tuner
    I mean as many questions as we get about returnless vs return it's not surprising.

Once it's explained, most people get it. Except that one guy...
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post747645

Potential Tuner
    thank you for all the advice/info and sharing that post aswell, its way more easy for me to read about information and doing some trial and error and learning from my mistakes lol. i mainly mess with just gen3 stuff for myself and definitely cant learn this stuff overnight. gonna get the car straight then try again. thanks again.

Senior Tuner
    You're welcome. Come back if you need anything else.

Updated Gen IV-Gen III conversion here:
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post766924