Thread: 4.8 GT45 SS2 80ib Decap, Will barely idle in drive high map readings ;( Log file att

Potential Tuner

Question 4.8 GT45 SS2 80ib Decap, Will barely idle in drive high map readings ;( Log file att

4.8,GT45,ss2 cam,80ib decaps,ls9 head gasket, walbro 450 pump stock regulator
    I know my tune is way off. IM studying several post to learn. My truck will idle really low in drive gear. I have to peddle it to keep it from dying out. Along with stumble if i do not assist or gear it down to 2nd or 3rd to keep the rpm range high. I couldn't build boost until i realized i needed to mess with delta airflow a few hours ago lol. all help is appreciated.

4.8 ss2 decap80 ls9.hpl

Senior Tuner
    What data do you have for the injectors?

I also doubt a stock fuel pressure regulator can hold back the fuel flow of a 450 pump too.

Needs real injectors, a real pressure regulator and more info about parts used plus the tune file. Also the data log is lacking critical data.

No knock retard, no wideband data, no injector information. Has the wrong MAP channel being logged. We also don't know what MAP you are running.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    thanks for the reply. Do you have any recommendations of budget injectors? i have a wideband in the truck. I just have to learn how to set it up with hp tuners. i have a 3 bar map sensor from summit racing. DO you recommend a better source for one? My injectors are a batch of flow matched set of 8 but I've honestly had them on shelf for around a year lol.

Senior Tuner

Potential Tuner
    thanks for your help. Looks like i need to get some quality injectors and figure out adding more data.