Thread: LQ9 Cam + Exhaust Tuning Guidance

Potential Tuner

LQ9 Cam + Exhaust Tuning Guidance

I have a 2005 Cadillac Escalade ESV with the LQ9/P59. I will be installing long tubes with true dual exhaust and x-pipe as well as a TSP Stage 2 High Lift Truck Cam (212/218 .600/.600 112 LSA). I also have some LSA injectors, but I don't want to change too many things at once.

Does anyone have any advice on what I will need to do to tune this combo? I have an MPVI3 and an AEM-0310 connected with the ProLink+. This is my first time tuning a vehicle and I'm really just looking for some help getting started.

Thank you all in advance!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Don't use LSA injectors, get ones that are designed for regular intakes and not a supercharger.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    LSA injectors spray at an angle. They don't work well with NA applications. Tune MAF and VE then Idle, then your spark. Tons of write ups on this.
    "I don't care how it runs as long as it chop chops at idle"

Potential Tuner
    This is exactly the type of answer I was looking for. Thank you for the explanation about the LSA injectors as well. What type of injectors do you recommend for this application? I believe I have the Multec style connector. I plan to go E85/twin turbo eventually so something with a bit of headroom to play with would be nice.