Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2006 silverado 4.8 torqstorm afr ???

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Random question, are you running such low timing at WOT while you work stuff out or is that where you are going to keep it?
    You can see in my logs the wave in the wideband signal do you think it might be something wrong with my equipment the wideband or prolink cable

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by codykeen0923 View Post
    What exactly do need to do?
    Fuel>Transient>Min Fuel Mg to 0.010 or so.
    Short Pulse Limit is clipping off SPA corrections. Set it back to stock 3.997.
    Which cam are you running? If it's not stock then EOIT needs adjusted.

You can see in my logs the wave in the wideband signal do you think it might be something wrong with my equipment the wideband or prolink cable
    Wideband looks fine. Some of the ripple in the wideband is the narrowband sweep from CL operation.

And yes the idle spark correction the truck didn't chop how I liked it lol.
    At least have a stable idle while tuning. That spark drive will make ripple, too.

Advanced Tuner
    Here is a file further correcting my last changes. Verify all injector data is correct and map sensor data as well.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by 04silverado6.0; 02-27-2024 at 08:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 04silverado6.0 View Post
    Here is a file further correcting my last changes. Verify all injector data is correct and map sensor data as well.
    Was gonna let you know man you can't max out the ect limit on these trucks it will limit the throttle I think there is another guy having the problem somewhere else in the forum with rpm limit problems

Advanced Tuner
    Ive only tuned 200-250 gen 3 vehicles ive not ran into that issue yet.

Ive only tuned 200-250 gen 3 vehicles ive not ran into that issue yet.

Wasn't questioning your ability to tune I've tuned alot of trucks also it something I never change the reason being every time I do it on my truck it limits throttle don't know why but does it every single time

Advanced Tuner
    I have heard that before but never had an issue. Could be os specific, i generally use the same os repeatedly. Also could be having issues with these tables instead of a actual throttle limit with that parameter maxed.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 04silverado6.0; 02-27-2024 at 09:17 PM.

I have heard that before but never had an issue. Could be os specific, i generally use the same os repeatedly. Also could be having issues with these tables instead of a actual throttle limit with that parameter maxed.
    Have you ever ran into this problem? At idle or coming to a stop my fuel trims are dead on between 3% and it will all of a sudden my afr will drop to 12.1 and my idle will drop low it doesn't do it all the time. I'm hitting the same exact cells that read dead on majority of the time when it decides to just fall rich. Didn't start this problem till I went from the 60s to the 1000s.

Senior Tuner
    Was gonna let you know man you can't max out the ect limit on these trucks it will limit the throttle I think there is another guy having the problem somewhere else in the forum with rpm limit problems
    Which limit are you talking about.. There are some TM and abuse mode stuff that will cause this in 03ish-06 trucks.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    Which limit are you talking about.. There are some TM and abuse mode stuff that will cause this in 03ish-06 trucks.
    Etc limit for injectors if you max that table on my truck it will 3k rpm starts cutting out

Senior Tuner
    What is the table ID?
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    What is the table ID?
    Engine/Torque Management/General/ECT Limit 12850

I figured out the rich problem at idle that's why I had the min fuel milligrams set to 0 anything above that it will go rich in idle.