Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2006 silverado 4.8 torqstorm afr ???

2006 silverado 4.8 torqstorm afr ???

Just a random question how much does your afr vary through a pull?

If your hardware is all good (fuel system, etc.), your afr only varies by however much your tune is off.

If your within a couple percent that’s pretty solid.. need to be repeatable

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Charles View Post
    If your within a couple percent that’s pretty solid.. need to be repeatable
    Reason why I ask my afr is between 10.9-11.3 I'm through the pull logging my wideband. I run a little richer in 2nd gear compared to 3rd gear pull.

Those values sound just fine to me. A tad rich but you know it's pretty safe for pump gas. If you're using E85, that would be a little much.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Those values sound just fine to me. A tad rich but you know it's pretty safe for pump gas. If you're using E85, that would be a little much.
    The problem is I went for 60lb to fic 1000 injectors my second gear pull is dead on all the way through but when I shift into 3rd the afr is 10.1 hitting the same exact cells

Post the tune and logs.

Are you able to watch your fuel pressure at all?

Is it possible that a COT is still on?

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Id imagine 11.3-11.5 would be a better target and still plenty safe and fat. A good dialed in maf without the 8 inch piping and the 5 gallon filter will produce +/- 1% pretty consistently. Speed density you may be getting very close to as flat of a curve as possible. I usually tune trucks for 2nd gear at wot so 1st is going to be leaner and 3rd richer.

Post the tune and logs.

No cot is on and yes I have a fuel pressure gauge in my truck digital sensor hooked to my fuel pressure regulator

Post the tune and logs.

cody black truck holley intake.hpt

Post the tune and logs.

dont have a log but just posted tune file ill get a log tommorrow

Post the tune and logs.

cody log black.hpl

does it look like my afr is jumping around alot in my log its pretty consistent on my gauge in the truck

Advanced Tuner
    Try this one and see if it gets more stable. The ve will need some work.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    You fixed a lot, but there are still a few things OP screwed up. Don't forget the WOT shift RPM. 6000rpm, not 7000rpm like OP has it, is the safe mechanical limit due to input drum distortion. Look at fuel cutoffs, too. 7700rpm lol. One day the trans won't be able to make a shift way up there, and then it's to the moon.

Fuel>Transient>Min Fuel Mg to 0.010 or so. Short Pulse Limit is clipping off SPA corrections. OP didn't state cam, but EOIT if so.

Spark Idle corrections set to ghost cam rice mode.

Most importantly. There is no knock retard anywhere. It's been completely disabled. No KR on a boosted engine.

Gee, Cody. Pretty sweet tune. Do you think the engine or transmission would be first to go?
    Last edited by SiriusC1024; 02-26-2024 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    You fixed a lot, but there are still a few things OP screwed up. Don't forget the WOT shift RPM. 6000rpm, not 7000rpm like OP has it, is the safe mechanical limit due to input drum distortion. Look at fuel cutoffs, too. 7700rpm lol. One day the trans won't be able to make a shift way up there, and then it's to the moon.

Fuel>Transient>Min Fuel Mg to 0.010 or so. Short Pulse Limit is clipping off SPA corrections. OP didn't state cam, but EOIT if so.

Spark Idle corrections set to ghost cam rice mode.

Most importantly. There is no knock retard anywhere. It's been completely disabled. No KR on a boosted engine.

Gee, Cody. Pretty sweet tune. Do you think the engine or transmission would be first to go?
    This a preformabuilt black edition transmission ive built everything to shift at 7000 rpm. I don't used knock sensors I've been tuning awhile now I always read my plugs and try to keep everything safe. And yes the idle spark correction the truck didn't chop how I liked it lol. My main thing is my afr being a little unstable.

Senior Tuner
    Ah ok upgraded input drum. Still, you should fix the mentioned fueling issues.

What exactly do need to do?

My gauge doesn't jump around like that in the truck it's pretty stable

Random question, are you running such low timing at WOT while you work stuff out or is that where you are going to keep it?

Random question, are you running such low timing at WOT while you work stuff out or is that where you are going to keep it?
    It's just set at 8 degrees until I get my fueling right and I'm on 93 octane probably between 12 or 14 degrees is what I'll run but I'll check my plugs again