Thread: Where to start on 2003 6.0 swap with cam?

Tuner in Training

Where to start on 2003 6.0 swap with cam?

I've posted before and I'll state again, I'm not a tuner. I am a tech. With that said I have a customer that has done a 6.0 swap in an S-10. He's 80 years old and wanted a project. The local tuner scared him off and he asked me to help him out. So I told him I would. All I'm asking is what tables do I need to look at? I can figure it out with time, but I don't have ton of time to drive it, then tune it, then drive it, and so on. So any help is appreciated. He has a 6.0 crate engine(Part # 19370163) with a Holley 42lb injector kit. It is DBC. The cam part number is 12565308. This engine will crank easily enough, but idles rough with a loping idle for about 30secs then smooths out. Comes back to idle fine after a hard throttle snap. Once it warms up a bit if you shut it off you can only crank with WOT. All he wants is for it to run smooth and be dependable. He gets nervous when it won't start after warm up. Again thank you for taking the time to read.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    It'd be best to use injectors that have GM data. The best injectors that have GM data are...GM injectors.
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ata-Repository

You can try putting in the Holley data, but no telling how it'll go.

Advanced Tuner
    He would be better off with some stock injectors. Would help you out tremendously since your limited on time.