Thread: Fuel injectors and ECU tune

Potential Tuner

Fuel injectors and ECU tune

Need help on a possible problem. Have a 2010 Camaro 3.6 engine to be run as stand alone in a G body car. ECU is a E-39A from a 2013 Camaro 3.6. What will happen when the 2013 E-39A stock fuel injector tune tries to operate the 2010 Camaro stock injectors. Injectors are the same on 2010 - 2011. Then a different injector is used on the 2012 - 2015. Fuel rails and harness are also different.
    Is it possible to add stock fuel and timing curve from a 2010 Camaro 3.6 into a E-39A.
    If so does anyone have that file for HP tuners?
    Appreciate any input or help in this.
    Mike

Senior Tuner
    So you are trying to run an ECM setup for DI with non DI injector setup? I'm pretty sure that is a bad recipe. If the ECM is shared with a non-DI car, do a new reprogram with a closer matching operating tune. If not get an ECM for the 2010.
    Last edited by gtstorey; 02-15-2024 at 10:19 AM. Reason: Punctuation correction

They are both DI, just one has a severely limited barely-supported ECM, without many of the fields defined that would need to be changed to suit the other's hardware.
    https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...+injector,6224
    https://www.rockauto.com/en/catalog/...+injector,6224

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
    So you are trying to run an ECM setup for DI with non DI injector setup. I'm pretty sure that is a bad recipe. If the ECM is shared with a non-DI car, do a new reprogram with a closer matching operating tune. If not get an ECM for the 2010.
    Meant for my first sentence to be a question. To much multi-tasking this morning and screwed up the punctuation.