Thread: Lost, aggravated

Potential Tuner

Lost, aggravated

I have a stage 2 cammed 5.3 with normal mods in a Silverado, built 4L60, recently did a normal tune up (change fluids, plugs, wires) well the second I drove it after the new plugs..I get a dead miss at highway speed or up a slight hill..1500-2200 rpm range, and per my laptop more specifically 1503 rpm starts the hiccup..and I?ve changed every sensor from the crank sensor to the TPS, put another set of plugs in it as well..and it has progressively more noticeable, audible, embarrassing..I?ll get the tune file when I get done with my recertification for work today..I?m at a loss and can?t figure this out

Potential Tuner
    Ls’s are notorious for burning plug wires especially with speed engineering headers, have you checked the wires? Sometimes it the simple things.

Senior Tuner
    Or counterfeit Amazon/ebay parts?

Potential Tuner
    I have no CEL, and all my parts are name brand

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 368hawk View Post
    I have no CEL, and all my parts are name brand
    By name brand, I assume you mean sourced somewhere besides Amazon, eBay, or other similar locations.

Not a lot that can be done remotely but throw out wild guesses, at least without a log and tune. Although if it drove good before then it probably isn’t the tune. Have you logged misfires to at least try and track down what cylinder?

With no log file to look at everyone else is gonna be just as lost as you are.

Why would someone start randomly changing sensors when the only difference between "truck runs good" and "truck misses" was changing plugs and wires? And of course you don't have a CEL. Whoever tuned it for the cam probably killed all the misfire codes. Now I am really curious to see a tune file and logs.