Thread: MPVI3 and 30-0334 connections

Tuner in Training

MPVI3 and 30-0334 connections

Super noob question and just joined this forum. And if this is in the wrong section please move it. I am getting away from EFI Live to go with HP tuners so PLEASE Bare with me. I am purchasing the MPVI3 and the Prolink cable, I already have an AEM 30-0334 wideband still in the box. My tuning guy i will use asked me to make sure that the 0-5v wires are wired to the prolink, My question is do I take the 0-5v analog + and - wires and wire them into the prolink with the passthrough wired for power and ground and plugged into ODBII port. Please explain the steps I need to take to make this work so I can datalog to get my remote tune. My Truck is a 2014 Silverado 5.3 with TVS1900 and a awfly tuned 6l80E and circle D converter. The Widband will only be used for datalogging and removed when finished. Ask all the questions you want and I will try to answer them if I can. Thanks Robert

Senior Tuner
    Is 2014 not a CAN vehicle? If so you should be able to just use the OBDII connection.

Tuner in Training
    Yes it is so no populating the 9-10 for 0-5v analog pins to get this to work? If so I don't need the prolink+ correct?

You just stick the thing onto the OBD port then stick the MPVI onto the thing and it works.

Senior Tuner
    Step one: Open Wideband Packaging
    Step two: Read Manual
    or

Step one: Search Google for "AEM 30-0334 manual"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
    Step one: Open Wideband Packaging
    or

Step one: Search Google for "AEM 30-0334 manual"
    I did that and Both AEM and the tuner told me to wire the O2 harness into the Prolink+ Why would they tell me that gtstorey? I could mention the tuners name but Im not, I'm just saying what they told me.
    Last edited by RobertT; 02-09-2024 at 02:04 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks

Senior Tuner
    Use the OBD2 splice thing on the 334. Its superior to using any 0-5V stuff

They say the 0-5v works on 30-334's. It does not from my experience. I ordered the pins and added them and followed the instructions. I have separate AEM gauges for Gen 3 and GEN 4+ stuff for this reason.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertT View Post
    I did that and Both AEM and the tuner told me to wire the O2 harness into the Prolink+ Why would they tell me that gtstorey? I could mention the tuners name but Im not, I'm just saying what they told me.
    Manual tells you it is CAN enabled.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    Use the OBD2 splice thing on the 334. Its superior to using any 0-5V stuff

They say the 0-5v works on 30-334's. It does not from my experience. I ordered the pins and added them and followed the instructions. I have separate AEM gauges for Gen 3 and GEN 4+ stuff for this reason.
    Thanks

Hello. Figured I would ask here instead of another thread. I also just purchased the MPVI3 and the AEM 30-334 for my 2011 Corvette GS. I also purchase the ProLink+. It is a bit confusing as I am new to this but since the AEM 30-334 provides a pass through for the wideband signal to the MPVI3, I actually don't need the ProLink+? I would need the ProLink+ on a vehicle before 2008 or if I wanted to connect a boost or other sensor? Is this correct?

Sorry but my head is spinning from all of this. Thanks.

Senior Tuner
    if u get the obd2 canbus aem wideband then u can read it like a normal GM pid so dont need the prolink unless u wanted to add other non GM canbus sensors or 0-5v

Tuner in Training
    Man I love this forum.... Im learning alot! I have been a wrench for 40 years and i'm not a keyboard warrior at all so I can be challanging for someone like me.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Inverted Polarity View Post
    Hello. Figured I would ask here instead of another thread. I also just purchased the MPVI3 and the AEM 30-334 for my 2011 Corvette GS. I also purchase the ProLink+. It is a bit confusing as I am new to this but since the AEM 30-334 provides a pass through for the wideband signal to the MPVI3, I actually don't need the ProLink+? I would need the ProLink+ on a vehicle before 2008 or if I wanted to connect a boost or other sensor? Is this correct?

Sorry but my head is spinning from all of this. Thanks.

You really don't want to use 0-5V. Just use the OBD2 splice thing.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    if u get the obd2 canbus aem wideband then u can read it like a normal GM pid so dont need the prolink unless u wanted to add other non GM canbus sensors or 0-5v
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    You really don't want to use 0-5V. Just use the OBD2 splice thing.
    Okay thanks. Bought the ProLink+ cable just in case.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Inverted Polarity View Post
    Okay thanks. Bought the ProLink+ cable just in case.
    You won't need the Prolink+cable at all. Just plug in the AEM obdII plug into port and then the MVPI3 in and scan.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertT View Post
    You won't need the Prolink+cable at all. Just plug in the AEM obdII plug into port and then the MVPI3 in and scan.
    Indeed. Thanks.