Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bosch 36lbs injectors 0280155868 data

Potential Tuner

Question Bosch 36lbs injectors 0280155868 data

I wish to change the 28lb injectors in my LS1 Gen3 05 VZ Commodore to the 36lb injector (0280155868) but where do I get the data to update the PCM tables:

I think I need at least

[ECM] 12311 - Injector Flow Rate vs. KPA VAC
    [ECM] 12315 - Minimum Injector Pulsewidth
    [ECM] 12310 - Injector Offset vs. Battery Voltage vs. KPA VAC
    [ECM] 12314 - Short Pulse Adder

Also do I need referenced or non-referenced data - not sure what the difference is - can someone explain?

Senior Tuner
    I replied on your post over at the repository thread. For a vacuum-referenced regulator use the 0kPa column for all other columns of IFR and Offset.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    I replied on your post over at the repository thread. For a vacuum-referenced regulator use the 0kPa column for all other columns of IFR and Offset.

I have the same injectors part number that I got from Fuel Injectors Connection (FIC42lb injectors).I am kind of confused about the difference between the injectors data in the repository and the data I received from FIC, which did not have all required information. I am attaching here the FIC injectors excel file they sent me and the tune with injectors 0280155868 from the repository. I have not driven the car but at idle the AFR is showing way too rich below 12.

I reduced my VE table by 10%, but it did not help.
    I lowered the injectors pulse width as well as the default pulse width from 1.277 to 0.386, but did not help. Still pulling 20%+ fuel in AFR error.

Can somebody have a look at the tune and advise what is the culprit that causing engine to run too rich.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Anybody can pin point why the car is running rich after inputing the injectors 0280155868 data from forum repository, and why is it different than what FIC sent me. Thanks in advance.

Senior Tuner
    The FIC injector data was done on a special flow bench. The other data is a conversion from a 3800 file. Why did you try switching? Its running rich mostly due to the offset.

The FIC injector data was done on a special flow bench. The other data is a conversion from a 3800 file. Why did you try switching? Its running rich mostly due to the offset.
    Well there were some areas at low rpms where the car was running rich and was not able to adjust them through VE tuning. So I thought that since there is full data specifically available for the injectors part no I have, that would fix the problem. However, I was wrong. So again had to switch back to FIC injectors today and was able to make the car run better with a couple of runs and fine tuning the VE table.

Senior Tuner
    Well I see you're tuning OL. You'll have better results with CL. Re-enable STFT and LTFT. Set O2 rich/lean vs airflow to 451mV across.

Which type of regulator do you have? IFR is set non-referenced. Offset is set referenced.

Well I see you're tuning OL. You'll have better results with CL. Re-enable STFT and LTFT. Set O2 rich/lean vs airflow to 451mV across.

Which type of regulator do you have? IFR is set non-referenced. Offset is set referenced.
    Yes I am tuning in OL currently. I am not sure how to do it the way you described in closed loop.
    Yes the tune you are seeing based on the BOSCH data you shared in the repository. But when I switched back to FIC data, I changed IFR to a vacuum referenced regulator (aeromotive FPR). I don?t have my laptop at the moment. I will share the tune tomorrow.

I have attached my tune and the log.
    I kept the default Min Injector Pulse Width as it was before.
    I put 0.386 for Min Injector Pulse Width, which I got from FIC Tech Guy.
    For the flow rate, as per FIC Tech Guy, it should be 50 with vacuum referenced line disconnect from the FPR when set at 58PSI fuel rail pressure. However, I put 48.8 based on a calculation made by a member in LS1tech if I am not mistaken.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    Fuel pressure should be set to 58psi with the vacuum line disconnected.

IFR needs to be 42.2lb/hr (5.31g/s) across. Remember this is a 36lb injector. 36lb@3bar nominal becomes ~42lb@4bar.

Fuel pressure should be set to 58psi with the vacuum line disconnected.

IFR needs to be 42.2lb/hr (5.31g/s) across. Remember this is a 36lb injector. 36lb@3bar nominal becomes ~42lb@4bar.
    Thanks for the reply. I am confused now. When I asked FIC representative about the flow rates at 43.5psi and 58psi with the vacuum line disconnected, he said it should be 42lb at 43.5psi and 50 at 58psi even though in their data sheet it is mentioned clearly it is 36lb injectors.

Senior Tuner
    I don't know it sounds like people at LS1Tech and FIC are complicating things for you. Look at the top of the sheet. Measured Flow Rate 5.303g/s at 399kPa. That's 42lb@4bar.

IFR2 = IFR1 * SQRT(P2/P1)

All you have to do is change your flow rate to 42.2 across and set the FPR to 58psi with the vacuum line disconnected. Reconnect the line when you've got it set, of course.

Senior Tuner
    In the fuel / transient section there are two min pw settings that need to be reduced or zeroed out when going to larger injectors.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    In the fuel / transient section there are two min pw settings that need to be reduced or zeroed out when going to larger injectors.
    Thanks Alvin. Can you please let me know exactly which table in my tune, which I attached here, that need to be modified.

Senior Tuner
    ECM 2284

ECM 2282

I've not had any issue zeroing these out completely.

You can find them by going file, edit, navigator and typing those id's in.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

I don't know it sounds like people at LS1Tech and FIC are complicating things for you. Look at the top of the sheet. Measured Flow Rate 5.303g/s at 399kPa. That's 42lb@4bar.

IFR2 = IFR1 * SQRT(P2/P1)

All you have to do is change your flow rate to 42.2 across and set the FPR to 58psi with the vacuum line disconnected. Reconnect the line when you've got it set, of course.
    Well noted. Changed the flow rate back to 42.2 and logged some more data. It started to run very rich pulling around 20% or so of fuel. So I reduced the entire VE table by 10%. It is still running rich but not as rich as when changed to 42.2 flow rate. Then I am going to reduce further by copying and using the paste special multiplying by half to adjust further.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    ECM 2284

ECM 2282

I've not had any issue zeroing these out completely.

You can find them by going file, edit, navigator and typing those id's in.
    Thanks Alvin. Will have a look into that.

Senior Tuner
    Injection timing indicates you have a cam. Is that so? VE will be coming down a lot at the low end, so don't worry.

Injection timing indicates you have a cam. Is that so? VE will be coming down a lot at the low end, so don't worry.
    Yes it is a cammed LS6 in a 68 camaro. Don?t have the cam specs though as it was installed by the previous owner.

I am also having another issue which is strangely happing sometimes when coming to a sudden stop or revving the engine at idle. The idle drops below the desired idle rpm and the car wants to stall and then picks up. Is there something that you could capture in my tune that I need to adjust.