Thread: Unlicensed file

Potential Tuner

Unlicensed file

Hi guys, I have a problem that's over my head, hoping for a education here.

I keep seeing vehicles missing in my list of licensed vehicles. I am getting a message on one that says "you must have a license for this file." For purposes of this post, I went to my 1999 Silverado with a P01, read it, saved it as found, edited 1 parameter (AIR disable temp from 14 to 284 degrees) and used the "save as" function to create my first edited file. I hit the "write" function and was prompted that I need a license for this. I used the link, used 2 credits to license, and hit write again. Same message, I need a license. I am 2 credits spent already. The VIN shows up under "vehicles" in scanner but not in editor. Guys, I have 6 different vehicles I have programmed many times that now say I need a license. files attached.

Anyone have a clue what this beginner hobbyist is doing wrong to blow $500 on credits? I'd appreciate a hint. Thank you guys
    Attached Files Attached Files

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    I'm not seeing anything that stands out. Please open a support ticket and post the number here and I'll take a look.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    I opened a ticket a few days ago (#410117). I have since noticed the lost licenses are not only me... I have a friend down the road that has also lost several, including a file he sells for DOD stuff, not just his own truck.

I received a reply from help with request for the .tun files (above) to go along with the other files I had sent. I replied via cell phone email, noted it didn't send. At this point, I think my response has sent 3-4 times. I apologize for that. Thanks a lot for helping us out. All the alarm bells went wild when I saw it's not just me.

*EDIT* Thought I would add that my history of orders only goes back to November of 2023. I've ordered much earlier than that.

I also note my scanner function shows all my vehicles, the editor does not.

Hope some of that helps
    Last edited by shane5743; 02-04-2024 at 10:40 AM. Reason: additional information