Thread: Need some help, 2018 LTG tuning stage 1

Potential Tuner

Need some help, 2018 LTG tuning stage 1

Car with 9AT, I didn?t touch the transmission at all,

无标题.png
    I tried to changed a lot (as shown in the figure). But for some reason,I don?t know why. The torque and HP didn?t want to go any higher.
    it only get around 20hp and 40Nm increase.
    I tried to put more value in table as shown in the figure,Regarding Virtual Torque, it has also been touched But it wont go any higher.

English is not my native language,If there is any misunderstanding, please point it out. I do apologies again for this.

Sincerely seeking help, very grateful for any help
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    apologize for the Scanner setup, the channel was not sufficient precision. one of my friend told me that Torque was came from airmass, and I need to found out what the limiter are.

I believe there must be some where I didn't touched yet, PLS point it out.

Sincerely seeking help, very grateful for any help

Potential Tuner
    I'll try to answere your questions. I am not a pro or even close to it but i may be able to direct you to the answere. The ltg true tuners are few. The really good ones have moved on due to the community.
    1st ltg are very delicate engine and you may blow your baby up at any time. So when adding to your tables do more reasonable numbers and slowly work your way up. You may be putting in numbers that the engine will try to do..... TRY!!! It will probably do more wrong than right. Our cars can't make huge amounts of tourqe from dead stop due to weaker components that limit us from torque. I have a awd. I have not looked at your tune but off the top of the head if you touched the accel threshold and comanded torque delta you are looking and limiting your power.those limit rate of acceleration , How quickly it increases torque and how far before you hit rev limiter. You never want to touch your Virtual Tourque unless you really need big changes but stage one you shouldn't. Our cars have so many sensors that when you change those numbers its gonna try those numbers and make its own numbers to compensate the difference. If you have a afr gauge it will help you tune. So if you don't have one i reccomend you do asap. I've paid your allot of tunes and made allot of tunes or dialled in my tunes i bought. So just don't let anyone tune your car. Its not like a LS at all and many people do not know these engines well enough. Even in the US. I will look over your tunes when I have time. Start with the tables i stated. And raise in small increments. Good luck. Baby girl.jpg i have a 2015 cts awd ltg. borg warner 7163 turbo, zzp internals, turbo smart, nostrum injectors and high flow pump, zl1 pump on 20's

Changing the numerical value of a torque setting or table does not change the ability of an engine to produce what you put in that setting or table. Otherwise we would all pick 5,000 lb feet of torque at 6K rpm with our stock Gen 3 C2500 6 liter.

Potential Tuner
    Thank you so much. As the car uses 9AT, some people say that TCM limits the maximum torque to 400, so unless the TCM is unlocked, the power will not continue to rise.

Is it possible to become a limitation that currently exists?

I tried to understand what you said, but I couldn't find the table you mentioned,(Accel threshold, comanded torque delta). about Virtual Tourque, yes initial settings have been restored. thanks.

Yes, I don't have afr gauge yet,,I thought we could use the data log to read afr, so I didn't have it yet.

"I've paid your allot of tunes and made allot of tunes or dialled in my tunes i bought” What does it mean? I don't understand.

Thank you so much for your reply and suggestions. And look forward to further communication with you.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by djyanger View Post
    I'll try to answere your questions. I am not a pro or even close to it but i may be able to direct you to the answere. The ltg true tuners are few. The really good ones have moved on due to the community.
    1st ltg are very delicate engine and you may blow your baby up at any time. So when adding to your tables do more reasonable numbers and slowly work your way up. You may be putting in numbers that the engine will try to do..... TRY!!! It will probably do more wrong than right. Our cars can't make huge amounts of tourqe from dead stop due to weaker components that limit us from torque. I have a awd. I have not looked at your tune but off the top of the head if you touched the accel threshold and comanded torque delta you are looking and limiting your power.those limit rate of acceleration , How quickly it increases torque and how far before you hit rev limiter. You never want to touch your Virtual Tourque unless you really need big changes but stage one you shouldn't. Our cars have so many sensors that when you change those numbers its gonna try those numbers and make its own numbers to compensate the difference. If you have a afr gauge it will help you tune. So if you don't have one i reccomend you do asap. I've paid your allot of tunes and made allot of tunes or dialled in my tunes i bought. So just don't let anyone tune your car. Its not like a LS at all and many people do not know these engines well enough. Even in the US. I will look over your tunes when I have time. Start with the tables i stated. And raise in small increments. Good luck. Baby girl.jpg i have a 2015 cts awd ltg. borg warner 7163 turbo, zzp internals, turbo smart, nostrum injectors and high flow pump, zl1 pump on 20's

Thank you so much. As the car uses 9AT, some people say that TCM limits the maximum torque to 400, so unless the TCM is unlocked, the power will not continue to rise.

Is it possible to become a limitation that currently exists?

I tried to understand what you said, but I couldn't find the table you mentioned,(Accel threshold, comanded torque delta). about Virtual Tourque, yes initial settings have been restored. thanks.

Yes, I don't have afr gauge yet,,I thought we could use the data log to read afr, so I didn't have it yet.

"I've paid your allot of tunes and made allot of tunes or dialled in my tunes i bought” What does it mean? I don't understand.

Thank you so much for your reply and suggestions. And look forward to further communication with you.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    Changing the numerical value of a torque setting or table does not change the ability of an engine to produce what you put in that setting or table. Otherwise we would all pick 5,000 lb feet of torque at 6K rpm with our stock Gen 3 C2500 6 liter.

Yes, I realized that this was an incorrect operation

Tuner in Training
    knock airmass scav Unrestricted

Tuner in Training
    knock airmass scav No restrictions lifted