Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cant post without logging in every time i try to post or search

Tuning Addict
    the problem that we are having is what started this last Saturday. Not the checkbox. It's gotten so bad here lately that it will kick me out of the forum and give me a big white screen error proxyserver message saying I wasn't allowed here. Have to refresh then make sure to log in with the box checked before I can even look through the forum. Thought it was a virus or something. Ran two different kinds of scanning software. Computers clean according to those. Just something they changed on the website.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

What computer OS & browser software? I'm sure you've mentioned this before but trying to understand where the problem may be. I'm an old IT person that's been working on issues for 40+ years so troubleshooting habits stick around.

I'm on 4 different Windows 11 Pro machines (desktop, laptop, 2 Surface tablets) all running MS Edge with no issues. Also 2 different Android devices (1 phone, 1 tablet) also running Edge and haven't had any issues. That being said, the common thread to my machines are all are running MS Edge as the browser although 2 are on Android systems.

Virus scan was a good first step so good news that shows no issues. I believe you said this was doing it on multiple machines with different browsers. Have you cleaned up your cache in browsers which shouldn't matter if you have the same issue on different browsers. Any recent OS or other updates that just happened? Probably of no help but have you reset your router, Wi-Fi, etc? Any recent upgrades to your network service (cable, fiber, Wi-Fi)?

The proxy server error is troubling since that is pointing to something on the site but that must be tied to your combination of OS and browser, or a bunch of people would be having issues. Do you have any issues with anything on the hptuners.com site or just the forums?

Sorry for all the questions but trying to think of anything that could help point to the issues since I haven't seen any response saying "Oops, we made that weekend change that shouldn't have caused any issues."

Tuning Addict
    Website is fine, EVERY SINGLE other website that I go to is fine. Just THIS forum AND it was the weekend before this last. I lost track of days They changed something that Saturday evening / night. They claim nothing is wrong and it's my computers - all 3 of them... I think it's just affecting particular users and only two of us have said or noticed anything.

One computer is using windows 11, one (my phone) is using some sort of windows 10, my primary is using windows 7 pro. The primary is the only one running a 32 bit OS and is why I can't update it's browser. The others are 64bit and have the same problem. I'm using google chrome. Tried Firefox. Tried checking website permissions and even resetting them. Tried clearing cookies. Tried checking registry for issues - none found. All 3 devices have the issue... Tried new password. Haven't tried new user name. HPT doesn't care since there's a work around. They closed the ticket out last week.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Let me think a bit and test out Chrome on some of my stuff and see if I can duplicate the issue. As before, I only have Windows 11 but can try setting up a virtual machine on another computer and load an older version but that still won't be an exact copy of your layout. I'll report back once I have any updates.

Tuning Addict
    I tried MS yesterday on it's latest allowed with windows 7. Didn't work either. Thank You for looking into it although I have a strong suspicion it's user name related.

~Greg Huggins~

Still trying but you may be correct about user name issue. I just tried Chrome on a Windows 11 machine as well as a Windows 7 virtual machine I installed and both worked OK for me. I'll think some more and if I can find my old netbook which ran Windows 7, I'll try it. The last time I used it, I couldn't get the display to work so bought a new laptop but I might be able to hook a monitor to it and make it work. I'll let you know and wish I had better news for you.

GHuggins - No tries on a Windows 7 machine yet but I have a couple of more things to check or verify. Do you have your browser(s) set to automatically clear cookies when you exit the browser? Another idea is to check if you have anything set as a browser extension or option that saves your password info. If so, it may be trying to log you in with something invalid. Not sure either of these would cause the problem you're having so mostly a hopeful guess that one of these may take care of things.

Tuning Addict
    Well, it's definitely a user name related thing. Tried again on my phone earlier and it kicked me right out. Don't know about the rest or how to check it. Just glanced at site settings. Didn't see those there. Would all devices have changed at once though?

What could be user oriented to cause it to happen on all devices?

~Greg Huggins~

Ignore my last thoughts as they are all at your computer(s) level and not the site so this would be the greatest coincidence of all time. I think you're probably correct about a username site issue of some sort.

Tuning Addict
    This is what I get when I try to login without clicking the remember me box
    Attached Images Attached Images

~Greg Huggins~

I finally hooked up a monitor to my old netbook to test things out and didn't have the problems you're having. One more thing that I thought of that may cause issues but I honestly didn't test this. I have "allow third-party cookies" turned on in each browser. You have to go to settings in your browser and I did a search to find where to set them. As far as I know I never changed these from the time I installed the browser so allow may be the default. Good Luck!