Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help me understand intergral and proportional airflow tables

Tuning Addict
    Why the crap doesn't hpt define any of this...... Could help things......

I always target 10 to 20 lbft with 20 being ideal although I don't fight it if it's up to 30 in all honesty. Soooo, that's roughly 14 to 27 nm with 41 still passing in my book...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Senior Tuner
    Sounds like we're splitting hairs. Good enough for me Greg.

Tuning Addict
    OK, 15 to 40 Does that make it better. Can't help it. I log lbft.... Just said what the numbers are I go by.

So if throttle follower is just a "cushion" and torque is negative returning to idle, would you just want something somewhat in the middle of the two (engine torque and decel torque) in that table?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Senior Tuner
    Above idle, ideally < idle torque, starting negative higher up the revs then converging towards somewhere around idle torque at idle rpm.
    Very simplistic response I know. But I think we've got our heads around the gist of it. Get it wrong and we have to much or not enough air to catch the blip.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    When you say "stuck" you mean delay to response? Making it negative like that all through idle helped with that? Is your VE table tuned? Datalog of idle torque by chance?
    It seems to lower the overall throttle follower airflow. Got rid of a cruise control feeling after lifting the peddle in the higher gears.

Advanced Tuner
    I can explain the algorithm....about to walk into a Jeselnik comedy show though. So, later.

Senior Tuner
    Love a good bedtime story Jake. Looking forward to it. Enjoy the show!

Advanced Tuner
    Hey guys, this torque stuff seems pretty complex to me, I know what torque is, but I'm interested in what I need to do to log this all correctly and apply this to my tune

So rather than me ask a zillion questions, could any of you recommend a good place to start to figuring this stuff out?

I don't want to go down the wrong rabbit hole like I did with the idle part of my tune lol

I'm guessing, some good links to some reading material or videos?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by hjtrbo View Post
    Love a good bedtime story Jake. Looking forward to it. Enjoy the show!
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ottle-follower