Thread: Map sensor issue

Potential Tuner

Map sensor issue

Hi All, i'm trying to help my nephew tune his turbo N/A engine/pcm BA falcon .

i've copied everything across from a BA turbo tune but when turbo logic is selected the car just wont start.

its running an FG map sensor 0261230128 which i believe is 2 bar?

its stock injectors, turbo reg .

if i play with tmap slope settings it runs fine and seems to be happy but surely the numbers are not correct that i've entered, surely i'm missing something?

file attached if anyone can help me out please
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    did you update the injector scaling to match the turbo numbers, now that you've got the turbo fuel reg?

edit: i didn't notice you'd posted the tune, it looks like you did update them, good stuff.

i can't see anything too weird in your file there, one thing that fucked me over though was that you need to ensure you've got HPTuners set to imperial units. if it's set to metric, it fucks up some matchs and sends bogus numbers to the ecu. double check that you're not got it set to metric.
    Last edited by lysdexia; 01-31-2024 at 12:44 AM.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks lysdexia, I did read that while scaling the forums for some guidance and changed to imperial units. Copied a turbo tune over but same issue . No matter what I do with boost logic turned on it won't start/ run unless I play with the tmap slope. With the turbo tmap tables and boost logic set it logs 60kpa engine not running , I play around with that table and get it to read 100kpa and it runs etc. Maybe map sensor is not right ?

Potential Tuner
    that's weird as hell

when i put the turbo map sensor into mine, i looked at the sensors on my obd scanner before i changed the tune, with turbo logic turned OFF i was seeing 50kpa with the turbo map sensor, and the car didnt start, which is all as expected. but turning turbo logic ON sorted it immediately.

the numbers you've got in your tune are massive in comparison to either of the stock figures though. it's as though you've got a much higher value map sensor in it. sorry i can't be too much more help than this mate!

Potential Tuner
    I'm leaning towards the map being more than 2 bar even though the part number says 2. I'll get him to try another fg sensor or just wire in a ba/bf 2 bar . Thanks for the input , much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by jezza355 View Post
    Hi All, i'm trying to help my nephew tune his turbo N/A engine/pcm BA falcon .

i've copied everything across from a BA turbo tune but when turbo logic is selected the car just wont start.

its running an FG map sensor 0261230128 which i believe is 2 bar?

its stock injectors, turbo reg .

if i play with tmap slope settings it runs fine and seems to be happy but surely the numbers are not correct that i've entered, surely i'm missing something?

file attached if anyone can help me out please
    This is 40-360kPa sensor - best way to tell its correct is to log with ignition ON with no engine running - should display atmospheric/1bar

Potential Tuner
    Thanks veeefour , where did you find that info ?