Thread: Looking for tables for the KB 168. 2008 GT500, 4.2.

Tuner in Training

Looking for tables for the KB 168. 2008 GT500, 4.2.

Effective area and the predicted tables. Anyone have these from KB? I know they never gave this data out but has that changed? I have tried a half dozen from different sources and so far, no bueno on any.

Thanks.

Tuner
    Had similar issue with the KB 168. Turns out the TB is a POS. Had several bad ones before getting a good one. It would be less painful if someone ran a rope through it and beat the sh*t out of you than try to tune this POS. Ended up getting with BJ McCarty at Venomous Tuning in Florida and he did a great job.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Volstang View Post
    Had similar issue with the KB 168. Turns out the TB is a POS. Had several bad ones before getting a good one. It would be less painful if someone ran a rope through it and beat the sh*t out of you than try to tune this POS. Ended up getting with BJ McCarty at Venomous Tuning in Florida and he did a great job.
    im in the same position with a 130mm throttle body from kenne bell. when i asked for setting for the throttle body sadly they tried to tell me they had changed other things in the tune so i didnt need that information. this is far more difficult for me as im in scotland. so if anyone can help with the correct predicted and effective area figures i would be grateful. many thanks

Tuner in Training
    I have them, will get you some pics. Its from a kit on a 2017 but I can't imagine the info would be different for the TB. Should give you a good place to start at least.

Tuner in Training

Tuner in Training

throttle body

hi bud many thanks are these table for a 130mm throttle body on a 2017 mustang regards

Advanced Tuner
    Back in the day when powerpc was in its infancy and adequate logging capabilities didn't exist I used to nullify the torque model entirely; basically set torque == load and then just dial in the driver demand table.

Doing so the DD table becomes the entire throttle body, torque, inverse and feed forward models.

You can take any custom, modified or no name / garbage and junk throttle body and have absolutely perfect (dare I say better than stock) drive-ability.

It can be tedious if your a perfectionist or your first time doing it but for the majority of vehicles you can have it 99% dialed in within' an hour or two.

Whats nice about it is that the DD table just commands throttle angle so you can boost it after the fact and not have to touch it and still have a perfect linear pedal from 0% to 100%.

Willie... If your interested shoot me a PM on the efidynotuning forum. I don't frequent here too often.
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/