Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me avoid SD only mode? Another E38 idle thread

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TragicMike View Post
    2007 LC9 5.3 DoD Delete
    Truck Norris cam

It feels like no matter what I do Closed Loop wants to cut fuel at idle

Wideband always trends lean..

I have tried adjusting O2 sensor settings and cannot get it to comply.
    side note: Integrator settings are not available on my ecu

I have tried cutting the VVE table at idle rpm.

Is there a way for me to trick this thing into cooperating, or should I just let it run lean?
    My inexperience makes me afraid of SD only mode.

I will attach pics logs and tunes below once I get them sorted

I haven't read every reply in here.. but just incase you or anyone didn't know.

In closed loop the engine is deliberately switching back and forth to lean to store o2 in the cats. If there is no o2 in the exhaust none of the left over HC's can burn. So when you average a wideband over a well tuned closed loop car it will come back a touch lean. This isn't a problem.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Senior Tuner
    Also.. That setup will do fine with or without the MAF. It's when the cams start getting a big bigger than SD is a better choice.

Rough rule but something over 230d intake duration start to turn out much better strict SD
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    LTFT+STFT math
    Use that Math in a VVE histogram to tune closed loop part throttle? What if you disable LTFTs

Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    In closed loop the engine is deliberately switching back and forth to lean to store o2 in the cats. If there is no o2 in the exhaust none of the left over HC's can burn. So when you average a wideband over a well tuned closed loop car it will come back a touch lean. This isn't a problem.
    Good info!
    Thank you.

Senior Tuner
    store might be the wrong word.. Bottom line.. no o2, nothing else can burn. so that is why it deliberately cycles lean in closed loop.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com