Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ghost Cam on 2023 Mach 1 - Issue Getting It To Work

Tuner in Training
    Been trying to figure that out myself, it's been saying that even with the base Whipple file. That file runs great though, and I get excellent performance at WOT, fuel trims and spark look fine, etc. so I figured it's something on HPT's end that's wonky. Either way I will do a full clean log w/ all possible relevant parameters enabled tomorrow and just confirm.
    Last edited by iamcvr; 01-27-2024 at 10:26 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Could be. Have you tried opening the file in the stable version or used a different version of the scanner???

Tuner in Training
    I've used both the beta and the stable versions and the data appeared the same. Will do it again tho, I have nothing but time tomorrow lol

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah that's really weird. I've never experienced this. Definitely seems like it's the scanner since your car seems to be running fine... Maybe someone else will chime in.

Tuner in Training
    Yea fingers are crossed... I did see a thread where someone needed HPT to do something to their whipple OS file, maybe that's it. I guess I'll find out Monday lol. At least the car is drivable and all that when I just run the stock file, so it's not like I'm in a bind. I just want the damn ghost cams lol

Tuner in Training
    Just wanted to give an update on this. I wound up having to use the default idle MP because I couldn't change it. What I was able to confirm tho is that MP0 is ONLY used at idle in my car - which means all I have to do is copy the specifics from a MP that I want over to it. I did this by copying the IVO/EVC from MP22 (as that was -20, 0) and then went into the MBT table and copied the data from MP22 to MP0. I set my idle to 875 in Idle>RPM for P/N (AFS and non-AFS), then set all the failsafes to 875 as well. I set Drive (AFS and non-AFS) to 925 to make it easier to take off from stopped. Now here's the kicker, I was still getting some weird idle surging, and I noticed that I was in RPM Control mode with learning enabled - but it's trying to learn on the lope, so it was going haywire (going from 500-900 RPM, cyclically). I went into the Idle>General tab and changed Enable RPM Error to 100, Disable RPM Error to 200, Minimum VSS to 0, Max Time Neutral to 0, Max RPM Error to 500. Then, went into the Idle>Torque settings and increased Idle Torque Reserve in Neutral to 20 across the board, Feedback Upper Limit to 650, Max Correction to 5, and Min Correction to -5. This is all an attempt to prevent the ECM from trying to control the idle, and letting the "car" do it itself, if that makes sense. I've attached the tune file for anyone who may be running into this same problem trying to get the cam to work, AND YOU CAN CONFIRM THAT MP0 IS ONLY USED AT IDLE. That last point is SUPER important, because you do NOT want the cams locked at -20, 0 while driving/WOT.

For those who are coming to this thread later, the car is a Manual 2023 Mach 1 with a Whipple on a 3.875 pulley and JMS fuel pump voltage booster, with a SC Foster sound tube. People rarely give their full car specs for these files, so figured I'd throw it in. If I wind up making more changes, I'll try and remember to update this thread. This was a LOT of work but I finally figured it out, lol.

Advanced Tuner
    Awesome info. I'm going to give this a shot sometime this weekend