Thread: Is this how customer support with HP tuners is? I might have to consider others?

Is this how customer support with HP tuners is? I might have to consider others?

I have a 2020 F150 with a 3.5 eco-boost. I have recently bought HP hardware and software to properly tune my vehicle. I?ve converted over to E85 and enabled the flex fuel option with HP software. I?ve been having troubles with cold starting, and referred to other tuners and found out that other companies, such as PCM tech have more parameters available. One of my main issues is that with cold starts, HP tuners does not give access to flex fuel fuel decay and flex fuel lost fuel tables. I sent in a trouble ticket asking about it and they said that they provided all parameters needed in order to tune the vehicle properly. This is not the case, as for when I use their software with their options available, I have no way of tuning other tables that it enables by using it. I am not getting any help with them and believe I may have to switch if this is how their support is going to be? Has anyone else had any situations like this? I even forwarded the equations that the truck uses whenever you unable to flex fuel to show them that the tables are available, but not defined by them and now I?m getting ignored.

Potential Tuner
    I am having similar issues of poor customer service just trying to find out if I should get HpTuners or get the GM MDI2 with Tech2Win (GM official service diag equipment) to help run my 2018 GMC Duramax L5P through a series of test to work the truck out of Emission Service limp mode. Not too impressed with the sales side at all on basic support.

Since the issue, I receive a response saying they “forwarded me to engineering with no anticipated wait time”. I’ve been pretty much forgotten at this point.