Thread: So, HPTuners Is Useless For LML?

Unhappy So, HPTuners Is Useless For LML?

Long story short, I believe I have a corrupted table. So, I got HPTuners to check/verify and reflash.

1) it apparently WILL NOT read my ECM?
    2) and if I do reflash, it WILL NOT be able to update the injector calibration codes?

So, is it true that this does neither of the 2 things I wanted to do? Then why do they boast LML support? It's useless to me if you have to go to the dealer every time to flash it.

There are those that have tunes from early versions of HP tuners. Honestly if you have a diesel you need to use EFI live. Sucks for gas great for diesel. However they do have the same new restrictions on deletes. Basically if you have a newer software version you can't do any deletes.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    There are those that have tunes from early versions of HP tuners. Honestly if you have a diesel you need to use EFI live. Sucks for gas great for diesel. However they do have the same new restrictions on deletes. Basically if you have a newer software version you can't do any deletes.
    Who said anything about deleting? I just want it to run right. And I thought HPTuners was the end-all of capability aside from an actual GM Tech II.
    2014 Camaro RS/SS - 2013 Sierra 3500 Duramax - 1987 Camaro

1. LML is a write only ECU via obd2. EFI or HPT.
    2. Unsure on injector programming though. I was always under the impression this was for a Tech 2 type device.

HPT in my opinion (as well as efi) does its core job as intended with LML's, and others. You have all the calibration tables to adjust for modifications and performance etc. I don't think anyone ever advertised any of these softwares as an equal to a Tech 2 etc. 2 different capabilities.
    2006 GTO 403ci lsa heads kooks long tubes corsa ss exhaust OTR intake HPTuned

2010 GMC Sierra LMM Duramax. Exhaust and tuned

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you flash your LML ECM with HPT, you'll immediately get an error code: P268A - Fuel Injector Calibration Data Not Programmed. In that case, you have to find a dealer or shop with a Tech 2 or similar to fix that. That doesn't sound to me like this product "supports" the LML. Unless there's some other thing I'm missing regarding this.
    2014 Camaro RS/SS - 2013 Sierra 3500 Duramax - 1987 Camaro

Their main customer base was less diesel based until the L5P. They do a bunch of different vehicles, but they really work well on the gas LS platform.

I am not familiar with the error you are getting. There's many far smarter than I that may be able to help. Looks like EFI you can enter the data with a reflash
    2006 GTO 403ci lsa heads kooks long tubes corsa ss exhaust OTR intake HPTuned

2010 GMC Sierra LMM Duramax. Exhaust and tuned