Thread: Finished Tune - Lost Cruise Control?

Tuner in Training

Finished Tune - Lost Cruise Control?

After finishing my engine, trans and rear end, I noticed that I lost cruise control. I have double checked all wiring harnesses. Could a un-perfected tune prevent cruise control from working?

Has anyone heard of this? Weird.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    What vehicle, year/make/model?

In some vehicles when changing gears the bcm & pcm information don't match & the bcm basically says "hey theres something wrong here".

I would assume if you've changed gears thats the issue.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Is it a manul trans? Could be the clutch inhibit switch is not adjusted so it thinks the clutch is pushed in.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Tuner in Training
    No it's Automatic. I changed to 3.73 gear ratio. One thing I did notice is that when running the VCM scanner, my MPH is about 1/3 what it should be. In other words, when it says I'm going 15 mph I am really doing about 50 mph or so.

In the tire size and gear ratio, I have marked 26.16 and 3.73.

Also below, there is a VSS section where I have dist & dist trans both at 770.98 and dist err and dis t-err at 770.95.

Finally, I have another 3rd section of Final Drive ratio with ratio and trans both 3.73. And next to that err and t-err both at 3.73 as well.

I really don't know what to do with these. I have been researching and some people have 1.00 entered in some boxes and others at 3.73.

Does anyone have any idea what I should do?

Quote Originally Posted by ho52806
    No it's Automatic. I changed to 3.73 gear ratio. One thing I did notice is that when running the VCM scanner, my MPH is about 1/3 what it should be. In other words, when it says I'm going 15 mph I am really doing about 50 mph or so.

In the tire size and gear ratio, I have marked 26.16 and 3.73.

Also below, there is a VSS section where I have dist & dist trans both at 770.98 and dist err and dis t-err at 770.95.

Finally, I have another 3rd section of Final Drive ratio with ratio and trans both 3.73. And next to that err and t-err both at 3.73 as well.

I really don't know what to do with these. I have been researching and some people have 1.00 entered in some boxes and others at 3.73.

Does anyone have any idea what I should do?
    please put up your stock file and the current file in the car...

I'm sure one of us can figure it out and get it on track for you....
    -Scott -

you'll need to change it manually, any boxes that have 1.00 in the stock file should stay at 1.00. The automatic calculator changes them to the gear ratio in some cases.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Tuner in Training
    thanks, I fixed the problem! I referenced the stock file and only 1 of the 4 were set at 3.15 so once I changed to 3.73 everything went fine. Cruise control is OK again!

If anyone needs help on this issue just email me.