Thread: DBW pedal and TB vs TAC (LS2 into LS1 Holden Adventra)

Potential Tuner

DBW pedal and TB vs TAC (LS2 into LS1 Holden Adventra)

Hi,

I've got a 2005 VZ LS1 Holden Adventra that is DBW. I have put an LS2 in. I got it running using an Xlink on the throttle body.

I now have a throttle pedal failure (common for the blue sticker version)

I have purchased a DBW throttle pedal that suits a VZ LS2 (white sticker).

Although I have the Xlink and an Ultimate Conversion Wiring converter for the different pedal, I was wondering what the TAC actually uses for comparing the pedal and the throttlebody? Given i now have a matching pedal for the throttlebody, can i just change some pinouts/plugs to suit and the TAC will just compare pedal to TB? Or does it have preprogrammed figures that it needs to see? Or am I completely off track/missed things with my thinking? The more I can avoid electronic converter boxes, the better lol less to go wrong.

Thanks.
    Last edited by bmarin82; 01-18-2024 at 04:40 AM.

Potential Tuner
    So it seems I found my old account. What I forgot to say was can the TAC be edited? IF it has values in it that are referenced?

Can you? Yes. Should you? NO. At best you will likely get a REP. At worst you could have glitchy run away throttle. Lots of those pedal commanders that modify the signal from the APP to the ECM/PCM. The only time I have ever modified TAC settings is some 2000's trucks and vans that had a throttle progression issue and GM put out software to fix it. I use SPS/TechLine Connect to fix that. Otherwise I have a hands off approach to any of the APP to throttle values. Others may have better results than I do.