Thread: Creating Template & saving difficulty

Potential Tuner

Question Creating Template & saving difficulty

using RaceRender Deluxe V 3.7.3

I have created a couple templates months ago... now I'm obviously doing something wrong

I have created a new template layout (from one of my original ones) that I want to save;

File > Export layout as Template... > [uncheck] Video ( Display Objects) > Create... > (name) "Data - AutoX in-car.rrt" > Save >

Then I get a window showing
    C:\Users\Mike\Documents\RaceRender 3\Templates\Dat- AutoX in-car.rrt
    File not found.
    Check the file name and try again.
    OK

I even tried selecting & overwriting one of my original templates:
    (pop-up)Confirm Save As
    Data - AutoX.rrt already exists.
    Do you want to replace it?
    YES
    Unable to write file. Storage device may be full or read-only.
    Error Code: -82
    OK

Would greatly appreciate input

Advanced Tuner
    I wonder if this is a permissions issue. When you open RaceRender, try opening it as Administrator (right click > More > Run as Administrator). Maybe that would give it write access to your Documents folder.

Also, I would recommend keeping the Video Display Object in your template (unless you're looking to add this to some other template). Otherwise, you'll need to manually add your video each time you open this template.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboBob View Post
    I wonder if this is a permissions issue. When you open RaceRender, try opening it as Administrator (right click > More > Run as Administrator). Maybe that would give it write access to your Documents folder.

Also, I would recommend keeping the Video Display Object in your template (unless you're looking to add this to some other template). Otherwise, you'll need to manually add your video each time you open this template.
    Appreciate the suggestions... gave it a try after opening as you described - RaceRender > as Administrator
    But suffered the same results, with & without the video box checked.

As for write access to the Document folder - I can access that via File Explorer and rename any of the ".rrt" files but can't create a new one.

Puzzled

Advanced Tuner
    Darn; hmm...this is where I'd usually suggest sending in some sort of log so that the developers might be able to give you a better answer, but they haven't been all that responsive lately...

Maybe double check that you aren't out of space in your C Drive? Also check the My Documents\RaceRender 3\Templates folder to make sure it's not read-only (right click on the folder > Properties; uncheck Read-only in Attributes and click Apply). Those are the last things that I can think of based on the error message.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by HoboBob View Post
    Darn; hmm...this is where I'd usually suggest sending in some sort of log so that the developers might be able to give you a better answer, but they haven't been all that responsive lately...

Maybe double check that you aren't out of space in your C Drive? Also check the My Documents\RaceRender 3\Templates folder to make sure it's not read-only (right click on the folder > Properties; uncheck Read-only in Attributes and click Apply). Those are the last things that I can think of based on the error message.
    Thanks for input... reviewed those and finally found the cause!
    Window updates and virus projection over the last couple months since I first made RR templates changed/blocked the app from allowing controll access! GO FIGURE it would be something that was allowed and somehow slipped past me noticing (no warnings). Found it here:

Windows Security > Virus & Threat Protection > Allow an app through Controlled folder access > Add allowed app > RaceRender3

MyBad on this and I greatly appreciate your attempt to assist in this HoboBob