Thread: Input on my C5 228r cam VE tune

Potential Tuner

Input on my C5 228r cam VE tune

Hello everyone, first post!

I have a (Early build - 2002) 2003 C5 Corvette which has a TSP 228r cam, 241 heads, 1 3/4 headers and x pipe no muffler, 3.73's, and recently moved my MAF in front of my throttle body due to changing the snorkel tube to a Haltech one. I decided to revisit my tune due to this MAF change and wanted to lower my idle to 800 rpm. I was doing some VE tuning and the car feels good but I wanted to check in with more experienced people on how I am doing with my tune before I move on to MAF tuning. I know the injector duty cycle is reaching 90% but they will be swapped out once I swap my heads. A couple of things I'm having issues with / questions about can be found below:

* The car runs 3% lean when I start it for about a minute and then it is near perfect after that in the same VE table spots. What can I do to fix this?
    * The car runs rich on 2400-4800+ on decel no matter what I change in the VE.
    * I go lean as soon as I let off the throttle to engine brake, is this normal?
    * How do my spark and VE tables look?
    * Note that fans stay on the whole time the car is on but I turn fan 2 off for the data log, I have a wire harness ground somewhere and this is not tune related so disregard that.
    *How can I make my tune give a more consistant chop, it likes to chop but it goes in and out of it. I see vettes that have a 100% consistent chop at idle. I have already messed with idle adaptive spark control overspeed and underspeed a bit.
    * The data log isn't the best since I was just doing a little cruise home after updating the VE tables. But it is the only one I have with the current tune. I can post another one later if necesary.
    * My TPS logged about 50% when my pedal was 99 percent depressed.

Please let me know of any fixes to what I listed or anything I am missing, I appreciate any input on the tune.

Senior Tuner
    Turn the narrowband trims back on and use them to adjust your VE table. During this set PE Min MAP enable to 85kPa. It'll turn out much better. Leave the wideband tuning for PE.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    Turn the narrowband trims back on and use them to adjust your VE table. During this set PE Min MAP enable to 85kPa. It'll turn out much better. Leave the wideband tuning for PE.
    Can you not do the whole table with the wideband and double-check your work after with the narrowband trims? It seems like my AFR numbers are more accurate this way. I've used narrowband for regular driving and wideband for PE only in the past as well and it seems to vary a lot more in the AFR gauge after.

Senior Tuner
    First make sure NB and WB agree.
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post759003

Sure the variance in the gauge with CL enabled isn't the narrowband sweep?