Thread: 2006 Saab 9-7x PassKey III (PK3) issue

Potential Tuner

2006 Saab 9-7x PassKey III (PK3) issue

I'm swapping in an LS6 for the hurt LS2 (aluminum 5.3). All is going well except for the vehicle security system. The vehicle security light wont go out and I can't seem to disable it. I've disabled VATS as well as setting P1629, 30, 31 to No error reported.

I drove it into the shop. Every plug and ground is reconnected. I have tried to make it relearn the only key but I've had no luck.

I can't start it from the key at all. Starting from the the starter solenoid gives ~5sec of runtime.

Any advice or assistance is appreciated.

Thanks,
    Mark
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Attached Files Attached Files

VATS/PassKey is nothing to do with the physical engine, if the ECM and ignition cylinder and BCM were not changed you should not have to do anything - not a security relearn, not a VATS disable in the tune. I would guess that you have some other install-related error.

EDIT: Sorry! The Saab uses a transponder key and a dedicated VTD module instead of lock cylinder & BCM... but other than the names of the components, nothing changes from what I said above. If those parts did not get changed then this is not a security issue. There are no transponder chips/etc. in the engine block/heads/crank.

Potential Tuner
    I know it uses a transponder key. The transponder is malfunctioning and the parts are made of unobtaium. I was hoping to program around it.

Did you do a write-entire after changing the VATS settings in the tune?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Did you do a write-entire after changing the VATS settings in the tune?
    Yes