Thread: 96 Lt1 4x 411 swap

Potential Tuner

96 Lt1 4x 411 swap

Ok i have a 96 LT1 t56 that i did a 411 pcm swap on, wiring is very easy but im very new to programming. ive got the car running and driving but i feel like it is just a little sluggish. for the most part i used a 5.7 express tune but it seemed to idle better if i just copied the 2002 camaro idle section.
    i ended up just backing the entire spark table down on high and low octane to make sure i didnt have spark knock when trying to get fuel trim in. i ran pretty ok like that and when i raised the timing back up it ran better except at higher rpm where it was spark knocking. so i backed it back down and thats kinda where i am now. do i need to just start over from square one or at least build a spark map from scratch?
    the car is completely stock. i have a wideband but i dont have anywhere to install it because of the cats so longtubes are next on my list of parts to buy.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Forced open loop but with no wideband. No way to tune it like that, have to have either working fuel trims or a wideband.

PE is effectively disabled with that sixty-five second delay under 5200, and the 90% throttle requirement...

The VE is... not good.

Yes, you need to start over but next time make changes based on data, not vibes. To do that you will need a whole bunch more channels in your logs. For just one example, how have you been figuring out where in the timing map to add/remove, if you aren't logging Cylinder Airmass?

Potential Tuner
    i watch the VE tables for cylinder airmass since im not using a mass airflow sensor. i raised the timing and looked for knock and backed it off in the places where i saw knock.
    you know as well as i do the tune is garbage but i never had a solid place to start from so being new to this has me at a disadvantage. i can pay someone to do it and i will have good car but i will have learned nothing. so i dont mind grinding through this till i get it right. everything ive learned was from youtube and every one of those videos were starting with a tune that worked with the engine they had and they just changed a cam or added a turbo. i dont have that since this pcm/engine was never a thing so if im going to start from scratch ive got to build from scratch to start from first.

Potential Tuner
    thank you for your reply. its much appreciated.

Potential Tuner
    looking at that file vs the stock express van they both have PE disabled thats just what it was at when i started so i didnt really know to change it. i copied what the 2002 camaro does for PE since i dont really have anything else to get a starting point for it from.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BishopTS View Post
    looking at that file vs the stock express van they both have PE disabled thats just what it was at when i started so i didnt really know to change it. i copied what the 2002 camaro does for PE since i dont really have anything else to get a starting point for it from.
    Here for comparison sake is a 97 LT1 T56, had a torque head 0411 pcm swap, 383 6 inch rod, 11.3:1 Advanced induction trickflows, LE ported intake 52mm TB, 223/231 595/595 on a 113, 1 7/8 stepped headers, 3.8 supercharged injectors, stock fuel pump / pressure
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner
    That tune needs a lot of work.