Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help ls swap iii ls iii gen

Tuner in Training

Help ls swap iii ls iii gen

I have an ls swap with 12613412 injectors, high flow air filter, GEN IV intake manifold. but the moment I half touch the accelerator the wideband goes over 20, could someone help me check the tune?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Did you get the injector data for those injectors?

I'd put the MAF and VE tables back to a stock 6.0 values and start over too.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

You've changed injectors but only changed the flow rate, the other injector tables still have the L59/12580426 data.

Does it still have the 2002 L59 fuel rail/referenced regulator/fuel system, at 51 PSI? Or does it have the Gen 4 rails and an in-tank regulator (58 PSI)?

You say it is a Gen 4 so I have to assume it is a returnless. If so you injector data is wrong. Even if you used a return style your data is wrong. https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ata-Repository Use Blindsquirrels data on this post. https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post748451
    You HAVE to start with good injector data. It is top of the list in importance.

Tuner in Training
    I am using 12613412 injectors, 450lph fuel pump and mechanical fuel regulator, intake manifold, iv, fuel rail iv gen, throttle iv.. what should I do?

Is the regulator referenced (little vacuum hose to it from somewhere on the intake manifold)? What is the fuel pressure?

The injector data will depend on whether the fuel pressure changes with manifold pressure, or if it's constant regardless of what the engine does.

I'd still put in a stock 6.0 MAF and VE table, for sure the VE is not stock.

Is the exhaust 100% complete? You can't run open headers with a wideband,

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    The exhaust is 100% complete, there is no stft or ltft installed, I even tried to increase the fuel by 10% or more and the vehicle when touching the accelerator remains between 20 and 22 afr, and has a hard time reaching 2,000 rpm

What MAP sensor did you use? The one for the 2002 Suburban like the tune file is from or from the NNBS intake you swapped over?

What throttle body did you use too? The tune is setup for DBW, so which did you use for that.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by harry.bravo View Post
    The exhaust is 100% complete, there is no stft or ltft installed, I even tried to increase the fuel by 10% or more and the vehicle when touching the accelerator remains between 20 and 22 afr, and has a hard time reaching 2,000 rpm
    What do you mean by “no stft or ltft installed”.

How did you try to increase fuel? Have you confirmed fuel pressure under all running conditions.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
    What do you mean by “no stft or ltft installed”.

How did you try to increase fuel? Have you confirmed fuel pressure under all running conditions.
    The fuel pressure is at 60 psi (constant) according to the fuel regulator that is installed in the car, but as I said before, even if you half touch the accelerator, the aft goes to 20 - 22, try to increase the maf between 25 at 30% even just 10% and the car gets worse and the AFR numbers never go down

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    What MAP sensor did you use? The one for the 2002 Suburban like the tune file is from or from the NNBS intake you swapped over?

What throttle body did you use too? The tune is setup for DBW, so which did you use for that.
    3 Gen map sensor and 92mm throttle body

Senior Tuner
    Have you put a diagnostic fuel pressure gauge to it?

Tuner in Training
    Have you put a diagnostic fuel pressure gauge to it?
    Yes and the pressure gauge indicates a constant 60 psi

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by harry.bravo View Post
    Yes and the pressure gauge indicates a constant 60 psi
    Attached Images Attached Images

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Is the regulator referenced (little vacuum hose to it from somewhere on the intake manifold)? What is the fuel pressure?

The injector data will depend on whether the fuel pressure changes with manifold pressure, or if it's constant regardless of what the engine does.
    Load the corresponding data into the fuel tables, the fuel regulator is set to maintain 60 psi, but still doing that. At the moment of half touching the accelerator the wideband marks on its afr 20, 22
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by harry.bravo; 01-15-2024 at 02:34 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Assuming that gauge is correct and there are some on here that would say a gauge like that can’t be trusted, how are you checking pressure under load? I don’t know that it’s your problem but not sure that you know either.

Tuner in Training
    Assuming that gauge is correct and there are some on here that would say a gauge like that can’t be trusted, how are you checking pressure under load? I don’t know that it’s your problem but not sure that you know either.

I apply the car in D so that it has a load, but even when applying the brake and a little accelerator well before 2,000 rpm, the pressure still remains at 60psi and the wideband continues to read between 20 and 22 afr

You didn't answer my question fully.

Okay it's a 92mm throttle body but you never said what type of throttle body. Is it drive by cable or drive by wire?

I also think for the hell of it you should turn the fuel trims back on, if those are showing stupid positive then you can trust your wideband sensor. If they aren't going crazy, then your wideband is bad.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    You didn't answer my question fully.

Okay it's a 92mm throttle body but you never said what type of throttle body. Is it drive by cable or drive by wire?

I also think for the hell of it you should turn the fuel trims back on, if those are showing stupid positive then you can trust your wideband sensor. If they aren't going crazy, then your wideband is bad.
    Throttle by Cable