Thread: Copying values from one tune to another, comparison log still shows them as different

Potential Tuner

Copying values from one tune to another, comparison log still shows them as different

I'm merging PP2 and PP3 tunes on a Gen 2 Coyote. I can copy and paste or type the values from the PP3 file into the PP2 file and save the new file. When I re-open and view the comparison logs, it still shows the edited tables as different, even though you can open the tables and the values are identical. Is there a reason this is happening? For example, using the comparison tool, I've copy and pasted the IPC Torque Maximum table (ECM 33313) from PP3 into the new file. The show difference tool shows 0 in every table, but the comparison log still displays this table as different. Are there fractional values that the software drops off so it looks like the values are the same even if they aren't?

Advanced Tuner
    Check that the axis values are the same.

Advanced Tuner
    Different variable precision. Nothing to worry about.

Metric to imperial conversion most of the time - for example, copy F' and paste then convert to C' and it should no longer display any difference.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by B E N View Post
    Check that the axis values are the same.
    You sir are 100% correct, I don't know how I didn't notice that.

So now that leaves me with another problem. Is there a way to rescale the PP2 calibration I've been working with so the tables match? Or do I have to switch to the PP3 calibration for my base tune, which is a different "strategy" and pay for more credits?

Here is the PP2 table
    Capture ECM33313 PP2.PNG

Here is the PP3 table
    Capture ECM33313 PP3.PNG

Disregard the numbers but see how the tables are scaled different, especially the X axis...
    Last edited by 1meanZ; 01-11-2024 at 12:45 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    You can click on where its underlined Engine Speed (rpm) or Load and change the values there or copy

Potential Tuner
    ...well if it wasn't painfully obvious by now, I'm a newer HP Tuners user. I had no idea I could manipulate table axis like that. I even went in and gave my cooling fan tables more resolution, I'm really an expert now!

I've only dabbled in this software to make changes to my manual trans swapped Tahoe a few years ago, and I've tinkered with the calibration on my Mustang after I added a 170 thermostat. All my other tuning work was done with TunerProRT on old OBD1 GM stuff and it's not near as sexy as this... Thanks for the help everyone. I'm back headed in the right direction again.
    Last edited by 1meanZ; 01-12-2024 at 08:29 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    No problem. You'll figure it out.