Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Cold start issuss

Senior Tuner
    Once VE is good adjust base running airflow from STIT.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusC1024 View Post
    Once VE is good adjust base running airflow from STIT.
    With my fuel injector setup being flat am I supposed to hook the vacuum reference up to the regulator? Or leave it open to atmosphere?

Senior Tuner
    Hook it up to vacuum.

Tuner in Training
    Hook it up to vacuum.
    So just to double check, after tuning the VE table and all that is done, I?m still keeping the MAF failed out correct? To keep it in speed density all the time?

Senior Tuner
    Yes, keep the MAF failed to stay SD, even with the SD OS.

Don't forget to turn DFCO back on and adjust PE enables when you're done with VE.

Tuner in Training
    One other question, the injector data you entered in for me was deka 80 but what psi should I have my regulator at?

Senior Tuner
    With the vacuum line to the regulator disconnected it should be 58psi. That's how it's set. Then connect the line and it'll vary to maintain consistent pressure differential across the injector.

Tuner in Training
    With the vacuum line to the regulator disconnected it should be 58psi. That's how it's set. Then connect the line and it'll vary to maintain consistent pressure differential across the injector.
    Okay thanks I have it set to that already just wanted to clarify make sure I had everything correct, appreciate it

Tuner in Training
    My injectors are trash, got a couple that went out on me now, so what is a good brand to get for injectors, wanting to keep the 80 lb/hr

Tuner in Training
    Just for sake of argument let's say your truck makes 400 naturally aspirated rear wheel horsepower,(rwhp) which in this case with the setup you have described so far, GEN3 port injected 5.3 with a camshaft will not but, ~400rwhp should only demand around 32lbs to maintain ~80% injector duty cycle. This is Goldie Locks, not too little, not too big. Yes, you will have to re-do your VE air calibration but, in the long run you and the truck will be so much happier. Stick with name brand, quality injectors with HP Tuners formatted calibration information from a reputable vendor.

Tuner in Training
    So I was able to rma the injectors got them back, same thing I?m like 10% lean on bank 2, I checked for vacuum leaks and found none, and have good fuel pressure 58 psi with vacuum off, I?m unsure what to look for next as I?ve went over virtually everything, I have a log I will post to you later, is it possible the pcm could?ve went bad?

Tuner in Training
    so due to it running lean i went back to that bad tune that guy had where it was running really rich and the data was wrong, but in this you still can see the o2 sensors picking up bank 2 is 10% leaner than 1 log 4.hpl

Senior Tuner
    Bank-bank imbalance isn't something that can be adjusted in the tune. Either you have a bad O2 (replace in pairs) or there is a mechanical problem.