Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2013 ram cold start light throttle lean condition help please

There is no problem to tune without NN Trainer.
    My 5.7 with a Torqstorm runs fine, but it was a gpec2.
    Last edited by f.creek-ranch; 01-22-2024 at 02:01 AM.

Tuner in Training
    i turned NN back on and was able to get my injectors scaled im currently still working on my VE tables again. scaling the injectors has made a huge difference on the VE tables once there finished ill post another log and tune file. thanks for everyones help so far.

Tuner in Training
    so after turning NN back on and scaling my injectors to a less than 0.5% error by using LTFT+STFT and turned NN back went through my VE tables i think they are still off some how. ill have to get a full log in the morning but im still having my cold start light throttle lean condition in closed loop and i still have a weird hole but ihave a less than 3% error with the hole there DFCO is disabled and i do my best to make sure i dont have any shrp throttle change while im driving what am i doing wrong?

added a drive from this afternoon and you can see when i put load on it and get it into the 992 rpm range it wants me to add even more but that doesnt make sense. shouldnt it basically only increase from left to right?

2013 RAM non-MDS 6.4l injector scaling VE 12.hpt

ve help 1.hpl
    Last edited by hardeet; 01-27-2024 at 08:32 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I didn't want to leave this thread without a solution to the problem. rescaling my injectors ended up helping my VE table by basically just raising the whole table to the appropriate levels but didnt really change anything as far as my problem went. just digging through and looking at everything over and over again i found the VVT table basically matched the dip in my VE tables and realized everything i had looked into says the VVT should be in a general sense advanced on the low end and move retarded in the higher RPMs so i changed the VVT with really just guess work and retuned the VE table, boom everything is fixed. no longer have a lean condition on cold start light throttle, no longer have lean spikes on throttle tip in, much more responsive and drivability is great. hope this help someone else down the line

Current VVT + scaled injectors.png

current VVT.png

Factory VVT + scaled injectors.png

Factory VVT.png

Perfect, thanks for the answer and solution

But it means more fuel consumption
    Last edited by f.creek-ranch; 02-14-2024 at 09:19 AM.

Tuner in Training
    it does mean that, but im sure it can be fine tuned more to get a better curve instead of a jump up but im completely fine burning a little more fuel if it actually runs like its supposed to and i will continue to work on it and get things ironed out

The problem seems to be the ANN and VVT.
    After installing a 6.4 shifter cam in the 5.7 auto on a Challenger, the cold start gets lean and the ltft shows -10 until the O2 kicks in.
    Because the new values the pcm learns are wrong in this case, when the cam angle changes.
    Set the cam angle nearly lockpin while in normal mode will fix the problem.
    Neural Network Trainer could help…maybe

Next step, I will try to set ANN learning from 83 to max 119 exhaust and see wha will happens at idle and cold start.

There must be a way to get rid of this problem, without setting cam out of cruise range…

changing ANN learning to max 119 exhaust away from the 125 exhaust deg in idle and it does not help...

even change rpm min and ve min in training values from ANN higher to get out of the training range from ANN
    ...nothing changes...same cold idle fueling problem. Ithink these tables do nothing but being there.

the same issue at cold start - normal fueling (OL), then getting rich (CL), leans out and begin to get stable with higher fuel trimming....

This PCM is horrable. All the normal fueling methods in cold start didnt help at all.