Thread: expert advice and input needed

Potential Tuner

expert advice and input needed

As much as i don't want t to be another novice tuner way over my head tuning my own rebuild asking for help like so many others i have seen on here. I am at the point where i must admit, even with doing my best to try and learn and understand more than just the basics i really would appreciate someone to be able to look over my slog and tune and help me with getting my truck to run smooth and to its capability.

I'd also like to learn in the process, s Iam not trying to ask for a free ride to do something that most people go to professionals with but i love working and building my own and it's been me all the way in my first experience ever rebuilding a motor. I don't call myself a tuner, mechanic or anyone that can diagnose successfully consistently. but i have no problem learning and taking in information and knowledge from many different aspects in order to make my own judgement. i have been able to install and drive with the new motor without any major set backs. I am now asking for some guidance since i have realized this is one of the few things that i cant really do on my own and be satisfied.

also, in the log you'll probably notice my failed attempt of creating an AFR error. chart. if anyone could guide me with that. as i have tried to make one.

i have the AEM 30 - 0300 wide band wired up with the hptuners ProLink analog (blue)

2004 Silverado Z71

4inch forged crank.
    6.125inch forged rods
    forged flat top pistons with valve relief.
    cam- 109/115 with 112 lobe separation and 218/227duration @.050 lift, max lift .523/.523
    862 heads
    tbss intake and throttle body
    volant air intake
    2 7/8-inch-long tube headers
    catlesss y pipe
    3-inch Borla exhaust single pipe.
    high volume ls oil pump
    ls7 lifters, ls7 springs and hardened push rods
    50 lbs/hour delphi fuel injectors

i believe that's it if there is anything i forgot and needs to be addressed, please let me know thank you so much for any kind of help and for anyone's time.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by AKconflict; 01-07-2024 at 11:17 PM. Reason: missing info

Mistake in the injector data which is probably part of why the VE is so out to lunch.

GM Gen4 Injectors v2.0.xls

As always, need to describe the fuel system and check fuel pressure under load with a mechanical gauge.