Thread: 2017 chevy silverado file attached stuck in 4low is this tune issue or just a fluke

2017 chevy silverado file attached stuck in 4low is this tune issue or just a fluke

so i had a friend have me look at his file so i read vehicle took file looked like someone has been there before i adjusted what he wanted was dod disabled and speed limter so i got the 4 credits for his ecm did all that hooked up wrote truck went fine day later he went to use 4wd and wouldnt work said was in 4wd but wasnt somehow it went into 4wd but 4low now its stuck question is was this my fault on the tune or did this truck just shit out day after i didnt touch nothing with transfer case module so if someone with more exsperience wanna look at this file see if anything sticks out that needs be fixed or if im good then ill move on thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Something is wrong with his truck if it can't shift out of 4LOW. I guess I'd ask him if you made sure to put the truck in neutral before trying to shift from 4LOW back to 4HIGH or 2WD.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

yes trucks at my shop now i did neutral and no shift still it did have a blown jcase fuse for tcm i replaced that and still wont shift out but light says 2wd dash says 4wd ran codes and says lost com with transfer case is it possible that tuning it did this basically just making sure before i buy parts for transfer case and in the end it was the file not the truck is what im saying

Tuning Addict
    Just write entire back to stock if there's a question. Most likely a bad encoder and he just hasn't used it in a while to know.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

truck wasnt stock from the start truck had been played with but for some reason nobody changed to limter but i learned its not good to max them out so i did lower them down to 200 i just was hoping someone on here could confirm i didnt mess anything up newiest truck iv done so file was alot different then other

Tuning Addict
    OK, just write entire back to what was in it before you made any changes. 4wd is highly unlikely to be your fault. You can also unhook and touch the battery cables together then rehook the battery. That can sometimes work around an intermittent issue then see if it'll shift back to 2wd. Those had wiring problems where the wires would drop down and rub the front driveshafts. Could be why a fuse was blown? Highly doubt flashing had anything to do with it unless you really changed something incorrectly.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

i attached the file for the truck to look at

Tuning Addict
    Put the tcs and brake torque management settings back to stock. Don't max the speed settings out. Put them to 200something or for lawsuit/driveshafts going boom reasons 120 Same for stalling speed limiter rpm. Put it back to 1000. None of this should cause encoder issues. Just some things that need to be corrected.

~Greg Huggins~