Thread: Looking for a 6.0 tune helper

Potential Tuner

Looking for a 6.0 tune helper

Hi..as title says... looking for someone to walk me through the theory's of 6.0 tuning. I recently purchased mpvi3 and thoroughly familiar with 6.0 platform and OEM IDS. In short looking for a baseline tune and someone to help me tweak it and walk me through the tweaks for a onetime fee.

Thanks,
    Taco

Stock Big Red.hpt

If you?re looking to learn I have a 6.0 powerstroke guide I made in a thread.

If you don?t understand something you can reach out or ask on here.

Potential Tuner
    Hi....thanks for the input..Your posts have been pretty informative... To be clear I'm looking for a custom baseline towing tune based on my set up then maybe some follow up guidance ...

Quote Originally Posted by Taco Stand View Post
    Hi....thanks for the input..Your posts have been pretty informative... To be clear I'm looking for a custom baseline towing tune based on my set up then maybe some follow up guidance ...
    Here is a generic Tow file i start with on my 03-04 trucks. Im not saying it will be perfect but we can work with it to make it better.

Stock Big Red Start.hpt
    2003 Ford excursion 6.0 PSD
    No limit intake
    Straight pipe
    Studded
    EGR delete
    KC billet single plane compressor wheel
    Self Tuned
    XDP Regulated return
    RDP Fuel sump
    AEM progressive water meth
    Custom suspension air bags
    8" lift
    35" tires

Potential Tuner
    Hey Thanks for this if you Venmo be more than glad to pay ya some coins........was not expecting a freebie...

My rig is a lil bit of a Frankenstein.. 2005 550 ECM/TCM (no maf) late 2007 engine studded with Kill Devil heads & Stage 1 cam, stock size Injectors, KC Jetfire stage 1, not deleted

You mentioned you use this file as a starting point for the smaller HPOP 03-04's is that still the same place you start on the bigger HPOP's ..with my INJ size I'm guessing it does not matter?

Thanks,
    Taco

The biggest thing from 03-04 to the 05-07 is ICP values.

The icp sensor is located further away from the hpop on the 05-07 (in the passenger head) where my 03-04 is located directly on the hpop.

You might have to do some scaling but if you email me I can send you my layout and channel file. You can do a log and let me know how it runs and we can adjust from there.

PM me for my email please

Potential Tuner
    Cool & You are correct 05-07's tend to present their hot highside leaks with finer resolution as measured by ICP.. makes sense ICP tune values would be the variable between the two designs.
    Will follow up via PM

Tuner in Training
    I made a Tune for a 2006 F-550 6.0 based on a SCT towing tune that is on my uncles 2006 F-250 6.0 and it's not pulling very well. I have a log file It's not laid out completely for a diesel. VCM scanner showes the rpm completely wrong. So I am wondering if I messed something up or not. Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    doesnt look like your giving the truck any fuel. ebp can use a bump up.. bump your timing up about 2-4 degrees.

Tuner in Training
    Would you bump the the timing up under Base Injection Timing Full Boost? What would you bump the ebt up to? Thanks

Tuner in Training
    both. raise the ebp table to 260 kpa.. raise timing up 4 degrees on both full boost and no boost.

Tuner in Training
    Ok I will try that. Thanks