Thread: Virtual Torque

Virtual Torque

I know this topic has been brought up a lot and I'm just trying to make sure I'm on the right track to find the correct information to log to get those tables in alignment. The numbers I'm seeing seem a lot higher then what's in the table and higher then what's on the LT4 tables. Also noticed I'm maxing out the Volumetric Efficiency and Cylinder Airmass his max on timing table. The car is 2017 Camaro SS manual with procharger, 3 bar map sensor, and map breakout harness from the maf.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuning Addict
    I guess I don't follow.

How are you maxing out your VE tables? They appear stock??? Didn't actually compare but they have the stock shape on the open table. You are changing it so you can look at it for boost aren't you? Set up the dynamic settings for the zones so it'll actually work in boost and can be tuned for it? Use a ZL1 for reference when setting the boundaries.

As for spark. Change the airmass value for peak to 180 then interpolate down to 88ish. This way you keep your adjustability for lower loads and then are able to change with higher loads. Not a bad idea to run forged pistons if you're doing everything yourself or keep the timing pretty low...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

I really didn't realize you could extend the boundaries of some tables. In the gm platform I'm use to dealing with you couldn't do that end up having to change injector settings to decrease the cylinder airmass to get it back in range.

Quote Originally Posted by laser_racer View Post
    I really didn't realize you could extend the boundaries of some tables. In the gm platform I'm use to dealing with you couldn't do that end up having to change injector settings to decrease the cylinder airmass to get it back in range.
    You can select 1-3bar scaling in the VVE editor. then the spark tables axis need rescaled to go up to 2.0.

Thank you both for the info